News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

PGv3 in FSX stopped connecting with Simconnect / map display options

Started by Tozzifan, October 05, 2012, 11:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tozzifan

Hello,
I've recently installed PGv3 and it worked regularly, I didn't need to set up any connection option

1 - then I've installed Prepared3D (is it of releveance?) and it didn't connect anymore to FSX, although directories were correctly set (yet, PGv2 works normally); setting connection option to FSUIPC, PGv3 connected again; Simconnect is working (I have SupetrafficBoard regularly working)

does this have any meaning?

2 - please, how do I set the map display features, just like with PGv2 (Hybrid, plain, satellite, GoogleEarth)?

1- thanks
2- thanks

tim arnot

1. There should be no difference between v2 and v3 when it comes to using Simconnect.

2. You can change map provider in Settings -> General. Note that Google maps is no longer supported for licensing reasons.

Tim. @TimArnot

bpearson

I have used Plan-G for about 4 days.  Got it working yesterday wonderfully.  Great program.   Can not get it to activate today.  What happened??????          bpearson

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

bpearson

Using Windows 7, downloaded Plan G to standard location, clicked on icon,  it worked wonderful for a few days.  Now when I click on icon start page appears for a few seconds and then disappears.  Am not a comp whiz.
       What information do you need?         This program allows me to really enjoy FSX and I will do anything within reason to get it going.

bpearson       at    brpkpearson@bham.rr.com      205 956-2048

sky one

Could you please attach the Plan-G_Log.txt file you can find in the "Documents\Plan-G Files" folder?
X-plane user

bpearson

Have found the requested file but do not know how to get it to you.  Tried to get it to copy to this form,  also tried copy and paste. 
     Not much of a geek.  Am wondering if I need to start with latest Manual and Plan-G and work in second Hard Drive instead of the normal drive since I'm using Windows 7.
                                                                                          bpearson

bpearson

Deleted Plan G from normal program files location on my computer.  Installed Plan G Build 50 on my second hard drive.  Set up plan and Lo and Behold it works!!!!!    Thanks to ALL

bpearson