News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Strange V3 performance

Started by ribitt, October 13, 2012, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribitt

I tried to do a flight plan in V3 from PANC Anchorage to JRTT Tokyo, then elsewhere. V3 insisted that the flight plan be eastbound at a track of about 100º or so. The flight plan chart chows a track of 248º and a distance of 3003 nm.

I opened up the same flight plan in V2 and things were what I expected - a track of 248º abd the same distance of 2002 nm.

The flight plan is attached. Any thoughts? Thanks.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

ribitt

Oh yes. I have the latest v50 update.

I haven't tried it yet, but since the flight plan chart is correct, I assume that the aircraft would head in that direction. Only the map display would be wrong. But this is just a guess on my part.

Same problem on a shorter flight from PANC to one of the few Siberian airports. I also re-built the data base hoping that some more  airports would show up. No luck.

ribitt

I have noticed further that any flight plan westbound from North A America that crosses the date line  reverses and goes the other way. Not actually the date line, the limit of the single world map as shown in V3.  V2 has multiple world maps.

Or maybe it proves that the Flat Earth Society is right. If you go too far in any direction you simply drop over the edge.

Ribitt

tim arnot

Yes it's an unfortunate limitation of the map control. They are supposed to be adding wraparound support "soon", but they've been saying that for the last year...

Tim. @TimArnot