News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Waypoints - range and bearing

Started by JoHubb, October 29, 2012, 05:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoHubb

I am running FS9 and build 50. 

Is there an easy way to create a waypoint using range and bearing information?   In other words, if I wish to create a waypoint at 5 nm from BZK VORDME on the 180 deg outbound radial, is there an easy way to do it?  I realise that I can do it by trial and error using the plan expander but this can be a slow and fiddly process requiring much to-ing and fro-ing between the plan itself and the plan expander. It doesn't help that the waypoint cannot be moved whilst the plan expander box is open.

Also, when I bring up the QDM it doesn't show either the range or the bearing to/from a particular navaid.  All that I can see are changing lat/long values.

I must be missing something obvious with these things.  ??? 

sky one

Hello,

you could (1) open the Information Window, (2) right-click on BZK and select "QDM: range and bearing", (3) move your cursor to the position desired (look at the Information Window) and (4) right click and select "Create user waypoint".

Please excuse me if I didn't understand your question.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

tim arnot

Select SHOW RADIAL from the menu. Type the bearing and distance in the box.

Tim. @TimArnot

JoHubb

Quote from: sky one on October 30, 2012, 08:22:37 AM

you could (1) open the Information Window, (2) right-click on BZK and select "QDM: range and bearing", (3) move your cursor to the position desired (look at the Information Window) and (4) right click and select "Create user waypoint".

Thanks, Cristiano but what is the Information Window?

Edit

Found it!  Thanks again.  J

JoHubb

Quote from: tim arnot on October 30, 2012, 01:04:03 PM
Select SHOW RADIAL from the menu. Type the bearing and distance in the box.

Ah! The penny droppeth.  So easy when you know how.  Thanks, Tim.