News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Creating a start point for a flight plan not an airfield

Started by attackdog, November 03, 2012, 10:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

attackdog

Hi All,
This may sound stupid but here goes.
In FSX I can't save a place where i last landed. ie near a town in a field etc. that will become the start point for my next flight.
I know i can save a flight but NOT from where I landed.
As a work around, Is it possible in Plan-G3 to create a flight plan from anywhere on the map that will become the start point of a next flight?
I tried this by creating a way point but because it is a waypoint there is not an option to use this as the start point for a flight.
Perhaps a basic airport could be used that the user could name.
I realize I maybe asking for too much here.
Any suggestions.

Many Thanks.  :'(

John Lygo

Create a user waypoint from your last landing point. Then, create a flight plan starting from an airport/airfield. Add your last landing waypoint. Add waypoints until flight plan is finished. Then you can delete the start airport/airfield. You should now have your flight plan from your last landing airport/airfield. Hope this helps.

attackdog

Hi John,
Thankyou for that, and yes that works for the flight plan which is great.  I have now created several private airfields that now show up on the Plan G3 map. Fantastic!!!!

What I really wanted to be able to do is force FSX to Start the flight at the Flight Plan Position.
I think I have now sorted it.

Many thanks.
Mel.

tim arnot

FSX will not even load flight plans that don't start/end at an airport (which is why Plan-G deliberately makes it difficult)

Tim. @TimArnot

cattz

I could be wrong here but could you not make a 'new' airport in ADEX ?  FSX will then add that to it's own airports, run Plan-G to rebuild the database. Select your new airport from FSX and away you go. You would of course have to do this for all new airports so it could take some time!