News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Wish list

Started by alexf, November 18, 2009, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexf

Low priority but as imported data points grow, it would be nice to have sorting and searching options in the Manage User Waypoints grid. Would be nice to be able to sort by Name/Identifier/Category/Tag columns

A search in these important columns would be nice too. When I reported the duplicate issue in a separate thread, it was tough to find the offending entry among hundreds of records.

tim arnot

You can - just click on the column heading...

Tim. @TimArnot

alexf

Oh. Somehow when I tested it didn't work. I tried now and it does! How's that for fast service?  :D

FsTheo

Since this topic is 'Wish list' and there's only one subject up to now, I like to add my wish.. :)

First, it's a wonderful program, with which I'm very happy! But it would be nice to see the differences between all the AI aircraft.
For instance, differences between approaches and departures. Passur is a fine example of what I mean.
Or maybe the differences in flightlevel. An example of that is Casper.

That would add something extra to all the red little aircraft I see now, and using the full package of WoAI... there are a lot of little red aircraft! ;D

Theo ;)

bladeheli

Hi Guys,

Great bit of software, been looking for a Nav system that had terrain etc.. on it. Just a quick question, is there anyway of getting UK Miltary Airspace (MATZ) to appear on the map? If not is this something that could be added?

Cheers

Blade

tim arnot

If I find a free source for the data, then yes, it can be added. But it's not in the FSX/9 database.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

I'll look at ways to enhance the AI display, although I can't say when at this stage.

Tim. @TimArnot

hermannk1

Would be nice to have Ants Australian airports as an im port as well.  Thanks for the great download on OZX fields.

dswo

Thank you for all your work on this project!

The most recent build lists "Ships sometimes appear as AI" as a fix. Could this be included as a feature? Ideally with some kind of wingspan limitation... Would be very helpful in finding aircraft carriers. I programmed a bunch of routes and uploaded them to FlightSim.com as "Carrier Tracks Vol. 1 and 2." Each track includes a sample flight that starts on the carrier and, let me tell you, finding the carrier often took more time than making the route.

Thank you again.

FsTheo

Quote from: tim arnot on November 27, 2009, 09:47:55 AM
I'll look at ways to enhance the AI display,

Thanks Tim, I'll wait patiently! 8)

Theo ;)

BrianTRidal

Thanks for this excellent download.     For the wishlist...  For cross country VFR flying would it be possible to include bearing references to VOR's and NDB's along a flight path which does not fly directly over navigational aids. ie you can mark points on the flight path (a temporary waypoint) and have a radial bearing link on the map to a nearby navigational aid to check adherance to flight path within the sim.   Thanks.

tim arnot

While you are in flight, you can get range and bearing to any point simply by right-clicking on the map. But yes, I'll look at embedding bearing markers in the plan.

Tim. @TimArnot

AHS277C

Hey, outstanding job !!!! Finally a VFR planner and ... FREE WOOOOHOOOOO !!!

Thank you so much - here's a bit of a wish list:

How about specify (or hint) different altitudes for each leg based on VFR Altitude rules (1 to 180 --> Even + 500 feet for altitudes over 3000ft and Odd + 500 when flying towards 181 to 360) + TMA/CTR Max / Mins.

And also individual IAS for each leg, that way you can also calculate the TAS.

And another thing ....  :P .... can you add somehow the "Populated Places" from Google Earth as way points? That would save sooo much time when flying from village to village (so I don't have to create waypoints for each one of them)

And finally, when adding a waypoint can the ID be a bit longer or even maybe Autogenerated?

Again, thanks for the effort and for this great tool !

Regards,

Cristian V.
AHS277C - AirHispania PPL VFR
www.airhispania.com

tim arnot

Quote from: AHS277C on November 27, 2009, 03:11:49 PM
How about specify (or hint) different altitudes for each leg based on VFR Altitude rules (1 to 180 --> Even + 500 feet for altitudes over 3000ft and Odd + 500 when flying towards 181 to 360) + TMA/CTR Max / Mins.
Already on the todo list  :)

QuoteAnd also individual IAS for each leg, that way you can also calculate the TAS.
It normally works the other way around, but yes specifying per-leg TAS is on the list.

QuoteAnd another thing ....  :P .... can you add somehow the "Populated Places" from Google Earth as way points? That would save sooo much time when flying from village to village (so I don't have to create waypoints for each one of them)
I'll take a look. You know you can just drag the line onto each village in Edit Mode? The waypoints will be autogenerated. Good for 'quick and dirty'  ;)

QuoteAnd finally, when adding a waypoint can the ID be a bit longer or even maybe Autogenerated?
No. The length is limited by FS. Any longer than it currently is, and FS will not open the flight plan.

Tim. @TimArnot

Fenric

[feature request removed as it had been already asked and answered.]  ;D

Ta for the tool!