News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G with Windows XP

Started by Alex-FSX, November 13, 2012, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex-FSX

I am running Fsim FSX with Windows-7.

I had (and still have) Plan-G on the same PC, working fine, but now I want to run it on a seperate PC running under Windows-XP (and connect them via local LAN).

However, when I install Plan-G on the Windows-XP PC it does not run well. After start-up I can not move the map by clicking and dragging it. Other functions seem to work, even build the database from the FSX-PC info via the LAN, etc.

Tried in on three separate PC's, all with Windows-XP, all the same negative result.

What am I doing wrong ?

Alex

tim arnot

What do you mean when you say you cannot move the map?

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyflipper

Hi,

too bad Alex never answered...
I'm having the same issue. My system is XP and I have build 50 installed.
When graphically building my flight plans i can not move/drag the map using the mouse.
Whether mousebutton is pressed or not, when moving the mouse the map stays as it is and just lonitude and latitude numbers in the status bar chage according to the pointer position. Zooming in with the wheel works though and this is how i currently move the map.
Hope this description is not too cryptic.

Thanks
Sky

tim arnot

Are you connected to FS with the map mode set to Fixed on the user aircraft position, by any chance?

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyflipper

Hi Tim,

thanks for the feedback.
Plan G is installed onthe same machine as FSX but the simlator is nor unning and Plan G is not connected to it. I use Plan G only for offline flightplan generation. For flight tracking I use Air Nav Pro on my ipad.
I also can not change the map mode between lock / sync / free using the top panel but only from the options menue. It has no effect on the inability to move the map, though.

Does this help diagnosis?
Best
Sky

tim arnot

Lock / Sync / Free is only enabled if you ar connected to FS.

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyflipper

Hi Tim,

ok.. that's understood. Just thought it might have somethingto do with the symptom.
Still left mouse button does not work to drag / move the map. It does though, to move waypoints.

Best
Sky

tim arnot

It *shouldn't* do, but just in case, what is yours set to?

Tim. @TimArnot

Skyflipper

Hi Tim,

so how are you supposed to move the map (e.g. in order to select your next waypoint with the mouse when it is off the display window)?

Best
Sky