News:

Main Menu

Another print problem

Started by Flexible Flier, November 13, 2012, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flexible Flier

First time user and I'm on build 50. It's great except I cannot print a map but have no error message and therefore no LOG file is generated; printing a FP works OK. Any ideas would be appreciated. :c017:
ATP RW & F/W
Vertical flight rules
and
tail draggers rock!

sky one

Are you sure about the log file? Plan-G generates a log file everytime...

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

Flexible Flier

In another post on this subject it was said that the .LOG file is in the Plan-G folder. In my case, there is not a .LOG file there.
Shortly after my first post I tried to print again and did get a preview, once and only once. However, when I tried to print to hard copy or to Adobe Acrobat I got an error message "Before you can print you need to select a printer. Etc." I have 3 printers installed and selected each one in turn but continue to get the same error message. At this time, I don't even get a preview and stilll no .LOG file in the Plan-G folder. Hmmmmm....

All the best,

~Mike
ATP RW & F/W
Vertical flight rules
and
tail draggers rock!

sky one

Hi Mike,

the LOG file is in the Documents\Plan-G Files folder: can you confirm you have not Plan-G_Log.txt in it?

Please pardon my stupid question, but it seems so strange...

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

Flexible Flier

My mistake...I was looking in the wrong folder :-[ ...here it is...and, thank you

~Mike
ATP RW & F/W
Vertical flight rules
and
tail draggers rock!

sky one

Hi Mike,

in the log there are some printing-related errors: let's wait Tim.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

Flexible Flier

I'll be standing by on this frequency...   :c017: ~Mike
ATP RW & F/W
Vertical flight rules
and
tail draggers rock!

tim arnot

It may be a security attributes thing. Are you running with administrator permissions?

When PG prints, it creates a file called temp.xps, which then gets sent to the printer. It looks like this second stage is not happening. You could also try opening the temp.xps file in XPS Viewer, and printing it that way as a workaround.

Tim. @TimArnot

Flexible Flier

Interesting, Tim...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I ran as Administrator, opened the .XPS file and the map was still not previewed in Plan-G. I exited and re-opened and the map printed to Adobe Acrobat and could be seen in the XPS viewer. Tried it again and got nothing. I've attached the LOG file.

For me personally this is not too big a deal because I have a second screen on which I can view the flight plan while flying in FSX. But there are a few occasions when I would like to review the data without booting up, or email a pic of the route to a friend.

Thanks for your efforts...I'm sure you'll find a solution eventually.

Regards,

~Mike
ATP RW & F/W
Vertical flight rules
and
tail draggers rock!