News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Install fail because of SQL server

Started by peebee, November 14, 2012, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peebee

Hi I'm new to plan G so please excuse me if this has been dealt with elsewhere.
I have D/L version 3.50.1 from the forum. When I run the .EXE the setup starts but after a few seconds it stops with an error warning re the SQL server. I tried the version .46 and got the same thing.
I have run the .MSI and that has installed planG I have run it and updated the FSX database that seems to have worked. Is this all I need to do or will this SQL server error make the program run into errors?
I am using Win7 64 with all the usual settings for fsx admin rights UAC off ect ect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards peebee

tim arnot

What's the sql server error? It's not a known problem.

Tim. @TimArnot

peebee

That's what I'm asking you LOL.  When i click on the Setup.EXE file that comes with the down load it goes into a Microsoft software licence terms for microsoft SQL server compact with service pack 2 so that is what the setup.exe is trying to install. As the install starts up after accepting the licence after a few seconds a box pops up stating "installing SQL server compact 3.5 sp2" after a couple of seconds more another box replaces it stating
"An error occurred while installing system component for Plan G V.3  setup cannot continue until
All system components have been installed"   At that point the setup has halted with an option to quit or details if you view details the above has failed to install with the following error message "fatal error during installation"

I hope this means something to you? If I click on the setup.msi it does indeed install Plan G I can make a plan and save it but it won't print it out.

Peebee

tim arnot

You could try downloading SQL Server CE from Microsoft's download site and installing it separately.

Tim. @TimArnot

peebee

Hi Tim, yes I did that yesterday, it instructs you to install both the 32 bit and 64 bit sp2s that come with the package. The 32bit sp2 installed ok but not the 64bit (I have Win7 64. So there may an underlying problem there.
Anyway I then uninstalled the plan G from the setup.msi, and used the other unzip to folder of your choice option. It seems to work ok but won't print. I need to look at that next after reading up on the print options in the manual.

Peebee