News:

Main Menu

Simconnect on Win7

Started by Papagiorgio, December 07, 2012, 11:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papagiorgio

Where is simconnect on Win 7?  Looked in the obvious places, no joy.

Thanks in advance,

Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Nobody knows where simconnect is on Win7?

tim arnot

The question as you asked it is impossible to answer, since SimConnect is a protocol, not a "thing".

But if you're looking for the xml file, its location is detailed in the manual.

Tim. @TimArnot

Papagiorgio

I had to recently rebuild my hard drive.  rebuilding FSX and all the addons has been time consuming, six months so far.  Anyways, I upgraded to Win7 64bits from Vista32 bits.  The last Plan G that I had was v2  and it worked great.  The last version, v3.50 is keeping me up at night.
  I thought that FSX Deluxe installed Simconnect .xml.  It never was problem before.  Apparently it didn't, so I installed it on my own.  I still can't connect to my FSX PC.  The FSX PC is running Win7 64 it has all the updates.   FSX has sp1& sp2.  THe laptop is a Vista 32bit.  I copied and pasted from you Manuel the entry for Simconnect.xml.  I made sure I had the same parameters for FS connections on the client Plan G.  When I select "connect", I get an error message and PlanG shuts down.  I run Plan G with administrative rights.
  Ive read all the posts concerning network connections and have tried the suggestions listed, no joy.  I'm sure its the one  "thing" that I'm missing, but what is it?
Thank you for you time and program,

Papagiorgio

tim arnot

You must also install FSX SP2 (or Acceleration). That was also true for v2.

Tim. @TimArnot

Papagiorgio

Case Solved!

All I did was install 3.1.50 from the .46 on the FSX PC, which is the same as the networked laptop.  I didn't have a Simconnect.xml on the FSX machine so I installed that.  Now it works like a charm.  I can now think of naked ladies at night instead of FSX;)

Thanks Tim,

Papagiorgio