News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

X-Plane 64 bit with Plan G3

Started by clayrb, December 20, 2012, 12:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayrb

I downloaded the latest version today and installed it into my X-plane Beta 8 (64 bit) and cannot get it to run when I try to connect! It loaded my scenery and runs on 32 bit but not 64 bit?
Any help would be appreciated..........
Merry Christmas to all............
Roger

w9nwrwi

Clayrb,

At this time Plan-G will not run off of X-plane 64 bit because your interface (XPUIPC) is written for 32 bit only. The XPUIPC author has
indicated that he is working on the 64 bit version. It will probably be released when Laminar gives the word to the Plugin world that the
64 bit is ready for plugins.  So we have to wait a bit.

This may shed a little more light on it for you:           http://developer.x-plane.com/

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

clayrb

Thanks for the update..........................................
Merry Xmas

tim arnot

I'm as keen as anyone to get going with 64 bit x-Plane ... :)

Tim. @TimArnot

lemoncello

Hello,

I spent a significant time now to connect Plan-G with X plane 10.20 64bit.
I have downloaded and installed XPUIPC version 2.0.0.0 32/64.
X plane 10.20 is recognising it as a plugin, but in protocol it is mentioned no IP clients connected.

According to Plan-G manual I have choosen the setting for connection: XPUIPC IPv4 localhost while both, X plane and Plan-G are located on same computer.

According to Plan-G manual 18.4 I should closed Options by clicking "OK" but I cannot find this buttom!

In Plan-G Home I clicked on "Connect" but nothing happens, furthermore the Lock, Sync and Free buttoms are deactivated.

What did I missed, what went wrong?

Some advice is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

w9nwrwi

Lemon,

Under File/Options/locations/  Do you have your X-plane (the .exe) location noted in the X-Plane box?
As an example: C:\Users\Charles\Desktop\X-Plane 10

Also, if things still will not work, I suggest on your next post that you include (as an attachment) your log.txt. Found in Documents/Plan-G files).  That will allow Tim to take a look and see if any clues are in there.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

lemoncello

Hello Chuck,

many thanks for the information.
I started Plan-G now directly with administrator rights: and it works!

Thanks

Lemoncello

w9nwrwi

Lemoncello,

Glad you got it going.  I usually stay away from those X86 program files area and install my "normal" programs under C:.
If Windows wants to put its Microsoft stuff there ( the X86 area), fine with me.... :)

So, just for information, where you missing an input in a window or was it just the allowing of permission that was needed?

Its a great program and I really do need to get Tim a donation, I have been remiss.  His support is great as is the program.

Chuck
Computer:
X-Plane 11