News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Why doesn't know PlanG an airstrip which is known in FSX?

Started by spirit_66, January 10, 2013, 01:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirit_66

Hi,

just installed Scar Creek Freeware scenery with some outposts like HC1A, HC2A etc. which are now known airports in FSX. I can't find them in PlanG even after rebuilding the database.

Any idea about this issue?

Regards
Spirit

tim arnot

Check the log file - you should see the folder being processed with the number of airports etc found.

Tim. @TimArnot

spirit_66

Hi,

well, what does the information tell me? Have a look yourself.

Thanks
Spirit

spirit_66

Hi,

now I found the reason for the missing airstrips in PlanG.

This PlanG doesn't look well enough into the "Addon Scenery" folder, only the scenery sub folder is touched. So if one doesn't put the new airstrips into this sub folder PlanG won't get them. All my sceneries are directly under "Addon Scenery" to keep me better organized. FSX is also ok with this because it has knowledge of the new airstrips.

I added all the paths of the relevant sceneries into PlanG even they are in "Addon Scenery" and now I can see them pretty well.

Maybe you see this as an issue to improve PlanG a bit with the next update?

Thanks
Spirit

tim arnot

So you're saying you have your bel files in Addon Scenery, and not Addon Scenery/Scenery?

Tim. @TimArnot

Grunt

Quote from: spirit_66 on January 12, 2013, 07:23:05 AM
Hi,

now I found the reason for the missing airstrips in PlanG.

This PlanG doesn't look well enough into the "Addon Scenery" folder, only the scenery sub folder is touched. So if one doesn't put the new airstrips into this sub folder PlanG won't get them. All my sceneries are directly under "Addon Scenery" to keep me better organized. FSX is also ok with this because it has knowledge of the new airstrips.

I added all the paths of the relevant sceneries into PlanG even they are in "Addon Scenery" and now I can see them pretty well.

Maybe you see this as an issue to improve PlanG a bit with the next update?

Thanks
Spirit

That's by design with MS - the scenery folder is a default location that contains whatever scenery bgls are needed so if things are dumped in there FS will find them.  It makes it easy to use.  Or if you do what I do and create subfolders as Addon Scenery\My Airport where My Airport folder has a scenery and texture folders and the bgls are in the My Airport\scenery folder you can add it to Flight Sim's scenery library.  Then Plan-G finds it.  I have quite a few subfolders in my Addon Scenery folder and I just add them to the MS Senery Library and Plan-G picks them up.

spirit_66

Quote from: tim arnot on January 12, 2013, 05:35:53 PM
So you're saying you have your bel files in Addon Scenery, and not Addon Scenery/Scenery?

Hi,

that's right because if I want to remove something then it's easy and clear. How should I find the specific bgl-files in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder if I put all bgl of my sceneries into it? Fact is that FSX works well with this so PlanG should do the same.

Spirit