News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Can't get the program to open

Started by rsquared, January 18, 2013, 12:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsquared

I had version 2 installed and working and downloaded version 3. I get the splash screen on startup but right after, I get an the Windows has stoppped workking box and it shuts down the program.

Any ideas of where to start

Thanks

Ron

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

rsquared

Where else would I look for the log file? I checked under AppData Local - there was nothing there  The system does not open that far - it gets to the first spalsh screen for the program and the Windows error box pops immediately afterward.  Could it be a fautl with the wrong net frameework being enabled or disabled?

Ron

tim arnot

It's in your Plan-G Files folder. If there isn't one, then it didn't get anywhere in the startup process, and that would suggest it doesn't have the right .Net framework (or it's corrupt). Literally the first line of code is to write a startup message in the log file.

Tim. @TimArnot

rsquared

Aha - I found the log file.   - I had found it after rereading the manual just before your reply got here  :-[

I have attached. There's a line in there " 'Plan_G3.Data.FSData' threw an exception".  I take it, that this is not a good sign.
Trust this gives you what you need for next steps

Cheers

Ron

tim arnot

SqlServerCe 3.5.1 has not installed correctly. You can download this directly from Microsoft.

Tim. @TimArnot

rsquared

I checked and I found that I had the  Sqlferver file installed but I downloaded again and reinstalled.  No change to outcomes.  The newest log file is attached.

R

rsquared

No success with a reinstallation of Plan G.    I suspect that my Sqlserver files have become corrupted but don't want to delete and start a reinstall because I can't seem to find a download version at Microsoft for Sqlserver CE 3.1.50. There is one called Sqlserver Compact 3.50 SP2.  or sqlverver  Compact 4. Would either of these work ?

R

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot