News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Waypoints Alert Sound...

Started by EchoTango, November 19, 2009, 05:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EchoTango

Bonjour,

Start flght...1st waypoint I get the alarm soung and after...as you can see on shot, I am flying waypoint 34 and GPS panel stays on wpt 8 which is 34.9 nm behind, passing  other wpt: NO MORE Alarm sound   ::)

Jean

tim arnot

If you have very short legs, and cut off corners, there's a chance it may miss waypoints. You can rught click on the next leg in the table and select 'Make active leg' which will get it back into sync.

Tim. @TimArnot

jschall

Quote from: EchoTango on November 19, 2009, 05:18:22 PM
I am flying waypoint 34 and GPS panel stays on wpt 8 which is 34.9 nm behind,

Salut, ET!
This can happen if you "miss" a waypoint - you have to come close to it - by default, the alert pops up 1 nm before the waypoint, but you can configure it differently in the Options/GPS Panel/VNAV dialogue.

And when you realize Plan-G is pointing to a "missed" waypoint, then you can click on your desired leg, and select "Set as Active Leg"

Bon vol!

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

EchoTango

Many thanks to you Tim and Jeff,

We say in french :

"c'est le métier qui rentre"  ;)
(That's the job coming in)

All the bests
Jean

EchoTango

Bonjour,

I am coming back on this topic...yesterday night I flew on network...I  had a complete flightplan...and I flew through Brittany and landing from airport to airport, airspace controlled, tower control at each airport...Dinard, St Brieux, Rennes, Lorient, Brest....
As I left the first airport and reaching first wpt, Alarm wpt sound...OK I was following the flight to next airports and fourth or fifth leg was no more "alarm sounding" ...I reactivated le concerned leg, no problerm; but the plane GPS was not ! impossible to reactivate it.

This message is just to inform you about, may be this procedure is normal   ;)

Thanks again for this fabulous Plan-G !!!

Have a nice day
Jean

tim arnot

The bottom right of the Plan-G window shows the leg number, and the GPS Panl has the ID of the next waypoint. It is worth checking these agreee with where you think you are. Also you have to be within 30 seconds flying time for the alert to chime. If you 'cut off the corner' further out than that, you will not get an alert.

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 21, 2009, 11:43:17 AM
The bottom right of the Plan-G window shows the leg number, and the GPS Panl has the ID of the next waypoint. It is worth checking these agreee with where you think you are. Also you have to be within 30 seconds flying time for the alert to chime. If you 'cut off the corner' further out than that, you will not get an alert.

But this doesn't explain why the plane GPS is no more connected...if there is any reason !

N.B. I don't cut corner, just waiting...I flew in A/P mode
Jean

tim arnot

What do you mean by "the palne GPS is no more connected"? Are you caying Plan-G is no longer connected to FS? If so, there should be a reason for the disconnect in the log file.

Tim. @TimArnot

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 22, 2009, 02:21:52 PM
What do you mean by "the palne GPS is no more connected"? Are you caying Plan-G is no longer connected to FS? If so, there should be a reason for the disconnect in the log file.

Bonjour Tim,

I have not saved pictures on that problem. I will repeat the flght and take some shots. The plane GPS is no more connected ? the actual flying leg is no more active (no red line)  ::)
Please wait for pictures.   ;)

Jean

EchoTango

Quote from: tim arnot on November 22, 2009, 02:21:52 PM
What do you mean by "the palne GPS is no more connected"?
That means the leg is still in white colour insteaad of red. (not active)

QuoteAre you caying Plan-G is no longer connected to FS? If so, there should be a reason for the disconnect in the log file.

No, ... plane ( FsX)  is still connected to Plan_G, only the leg of GPS is no more connected. A/P is no more in action.

I tried to reproduce this, but all was OK, i will come back if I get again the problem

Thanks
Jean

tim arnot

If you are referring to the GPS inside FS... Plan-G does not ever change what is happening inside FS: It is totally passive. So FS must also think you have not hit the waypoint.

Tim. @TimArnot