News:

Main Menu

Viewing Centers

Started by SirStiggie, January 21, 2013, 05:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirStiggie

I recently installed 3.0.2.51 and am unable to see when a Center is online. I can see ATIS, Tower, etc., with no problem. When I select View/Vatsim, I see the list of centers online but they do not appear on the map. Any idea why?

tim arnot

Can you upload the log file?

Tim. @TimArnot

SirStiggie

Can you say where I can find that file?

tim arnot

It's described in the readme.

Tim. @TimArnot

SirStiggie

SirStiggie

I tried installing Plan G on another computer and networking it with my FSX machine. The same problem occurs. I can see towers and ATIS's that are online but no centers.

Any ideas?

aaronrryan

Same issue for me, I see planes and ATIS, but no VATSIM controllers on the Plan-G map. However, they show up on the VATSIM list.

Win7 64 Bit, Plan G 3.0.3.56 with FSX

aaronrryan

Here is my log.  I can see there is an error in there. Here it is below:

14:10:28.5 .ctor: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Plan_G3.Model.Vatsim.readAliases() in C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Plan-G3\Plan-G3\Model\Vatsim.cs:line 161
   at Plan_G3.Model.Vatsim..ctor() in C:\Users\Tim\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Plan-G3\Plan-G3\Model\Vatsim.cs:line 87

tim arnot

Can you show me a screenshot of the map view, and the Vatsim controllers list? I see plenty of controllers and centres, so maybe it's location-specific?

Tim. @TimArnot

aaronrryan

Well, it seems to have fixed itself. It seems to be an intermittent problem. Last 3 times its worked for me. Thanks for the response.

SirStiggie

This was taken tonight. It only shows the ATIS online on the map but the controller list shows both the ATIS and center as being online.

tim arnot

Did it show up if you zoomed out far enough to see the ctr boundaries?

Tim. @TimArnot

SirStiggie

Unfortunately no, it did not. Nassau center was also online but did not see that being online either even though it was listed in the table as being online.

tim arnot

Do you see other centres, i.e. is it localised, or are there none at all?

Tim. @TimArnot

SirStiggie

I do not see any centers anywhere. I see towers, ground, and ATIS just fine but no centers.