News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

v2.0.5 stopped showing Traffc

Started by HondaJet, February 02, 2013, 12:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaJet

I like to do a lot of bush flying in Alaska and find that v2 gives me much better terrain detail for going low under clouds down the valleys, through the mountains, etc.
Recently my v2 stopped showing traffic and I can't find a reason for it.  None of my settings were changed by me; don't know if some computer update changed something I don't know about. 
I run PlanG on client laptop connected to my FSX computer with FSUIPC v4859r [recent upgrade] (haven't had good luck getting SimConnect to work for me). 

The second part of this problem is about half of the time I try to connect to FSX with v2 I get an error window that says "PlanG has stopped working".  I don't know if this all started when I did the upgrade to FSUIPC but it could be close to the same time.

I also have v3 loaded on same computer for use at higher altitudes.  I hope that does not cause problems.  BTW, v3 connect & traffic are working just fine at the same time v2 won't show traffic anymore and has intermittent connect problems (just in case you are wondering - I don't run both at the same time).  :)

Appreciate any help someone can provide. 
Thanks
Jerry

HondaJet

Bump, any ideas out there?
Thanks
Jerry

tim arnot

There should be no problem with having both v2 and v3 installed, or even running at the same time.

Tim. @TimArnot

HondaJet

Thanks Tim, good to know it is ok to use both.   Do you have any ideas what I can do to get the traffic following to work again in v2?  I have checked all the settings and they are still set to show traffic.  However, v2 stopped showing my traffic a week or so ago.  With the same settings v3 is working correctly and showing traffic.  Could my recent upgrade of FSUIPC have anything to do with this?
Thanks
Jerry