News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

satellite maps in Plan-G

Started by lostpete, February 20, 2013, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpete

Hello all. Great program, and the work that has gone into it is really exceptional. I was a little disappointed when Google  Maps were dropped (but understand the reason), and I believe that if any suitable 'satellite' maps become available they might be included in later versions of Plan-G. That would be great and as I see there are already a few map options I wonder if 'Bing Maps' as used in another similar product would be acceptable in terms of adding to the list, or do they charge a exorbitant fee?   In a long gone post there was a mention of playing around with the 'config files', so I am going to have a look with your permission.    I also believe that this program is really  worth paying for...........

tim arnot

Last time I looked, Bing was even more restrictive than google...

If you play with the config:
1. Check the readme for the location. It's *not* the copy that exists in the program folder.
2. Make sure Plan-G is not running while you edit, or you will lose your changes when P-G closes.
3. If you totally stuff it up, just delete the cfg file and you'll go back to the defaults.

Tim. @TimArnot

alexf

A good topographic map would be great!

lostpete

Hello - Thanks for the tip - I am trying a program that seems to use  various map servers - and not being a computer boffin just studying the various formats in statements to see if there was any way  I might be able to get one of these into Plan-G
I think it is a great program in its own right - I really am trying to see what my efforts could do
Best mapping program I have ever seen - Thank you - Pete