News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Lost information window

Started by w9nwrwi, March 09, 2013, 08:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9nwrwi

V3.0.3 Build 56.
Latest build was working just fine and somewhere along the way I lost the Information window, Under View, Information. The Information tab will toggle on and off but the actual Information window will not appear.  Aerodrome Window with its information works well.
Reinstall of build 56 is of no help.

Any Ideas??

Log attached

Thanks,
Chuck

Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

Try deleting the config. Sounds like the window has moved off screen somehow.

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

Hi Tim,
That is what it is acting like, its off the screen. (searched around the screens for it, no luck)   Which .cfg is that?  I tried the Plan-g.exe.cfg but that forced a failure, so restored that.  It was the only .cfg I saw outside of Vatsim.   

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

It's in the readme (sorry, I'm only on my iPad at the mo, so I can't look it up)

Tim. @TimArnot

w9nwrwi

Got it Tim,

Deleted the .Cfg (not the folder), fired it back up and Information came back up.  The .cfg is really buried, I did a search with a *.cfg in Win 7 and
it never did find it.  The folder is kind of intimidating when you first look at it with the magic numbers and all. But, finally looked how it displayed version numbers and deleted the 3.0.56.  If I remember correctly I had about 5 separate lines of magic numbers and versions, I guess that is ok. ( ??) I suppose that might go along with "if its not broke, don't fix it."

Will note that path of .cfg ( always read the Read Me .txt)  in my Nice to Know book.

Thanks so much for your help,

Chuck

Computer:
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

Yeah, I have no control over where Windows puts it (thanks Microsoft for being *so* helpful!!). You can also change the cfg by hand (it's only xml), but only when P-G is not running, since it only reads on startup, and writes when it shuts down. There's a few things you can get through the cfg that you can't get with the UI - undocumented map providers etc.

Tim. @TimArnot