News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

PlanG font

Started by 0Artur0, March 18, 2013, 11:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0Artur0

Plan-G is what I use regularly for my GA flights. I just love it!
But I must admit... I'm still using v2 because v3 has, for me, very unappropriate (by that I mean ugly and unreadable) UI font  - looks like Comic sans.. if it is, check this out please.. http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/ .
That's just my personal opinion.

spokes2112

You can change the font easily by finding the hidden folder and file Ex. WIN7 - C:\Users\"YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"\AppData\Local\TA_Software\Plan-G3.exe_Url_"32 random letters/numbers"\"Current Version"\user.config . Note there may be more than one folder, just select the newest. Once found open up the config file in notepad and modify the font setting (around line 50) with the one you would like. Save and run Plan-G. It may be a good idea to create a shortcut to this file so it is easy to find if wanting to try different fonts.

Roman

0Artur0

I didn't know that. Thanks, now I can start using v3!   :D

spokes2112

Cool - If your system has it installed, I happen to like "Arial Rounded MT Bold" - Just a recommendation tis all.

Roman

tim arnot

It was a little thing to check the localisation had worked - any text that went through the localisation engine was rendered in that font. I just never remembered to turn it off!

It's easy enough to change in the config though, if you don't like it, as Roman pointed out. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

sky one

Quote from: spokes2112 on March 18, 2013, 01:51:50 PM
Cool - If your system has it installed, I happen to like "Arial Rounded MT Bold" - Just a recommendation tis all.
Great advice Roman!
Thanks!

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user

spokes2112

Tim,

Just a little info for you. When changing fonts all font assignments get changed except 1 - the "View" tab. Not the container wholly, just the text on the tab itself. It follows the font but not the weighting I.E. bold or not. Piddly stuff.

Roman

tim arnot

Ok thanks, I'll look at it.

Tim. @TimArnot