News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

SID + STAR

Started by Nukky69, March 31, 2013, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nukky69

Hello guys, I am using Plan-G now too. SInce a few years I fly on IVAO, but till now not knew your fantastic flightplaner !  :-\

Your software could be the best, when the user would have a possibility to choose SIDs and STARs and add to the flightplan !
I hope, you will offer such a possibility in future, then I throw away my FS-Commander.   :azn:

WLIX261

And that is why PlanG us unique. Because is geared toward VFR flights. No SID and STARS in VFR. Lots of IFR tools out there already !

Bidimus

Ah but Plan-G isn't JUST VFR.  There is even a little button labeled IFR on the menu.  :)  WLIX is  right, SID/STAR would be an excellent addition.  Why be the best VFR planner when you can simply be the best planner.

That said I find Plan-G very useful for IFR and VFR planning as it does support all the necessary way points.  Being able to reference "V" routes (I think that's what their called) in the plan would be a nice touch but there is nothing stopping you from planning out your STAR and SID in Plan-G, it just doesn't have them canned for you so you just have to add them using the charts for reference.  That's what I've done anyway.  :)

mikeody

Am very new to Plan-G but it is looking great.
A question on Plan-G and STARS/SIDs.
STARS [and SIDS] often have many waypoints which are lot of work to put into a normal flight plan.
So can I create a series of Snippet Files [ for example for each STAR at a particular airfield that I use a lot] - each one starting at the beginning point of a STAR and finishing at the airfield ?
If I did that then what is to stop me initially creating my inbound  flight plan in the normal way and adding the relevant [pre-prepared] Snippet File on the end ?
Havnt tried it yet and maybe it wouldnt work.
Can someone advise please ?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot