News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan G problems when using Prepar3D in Multiplayer

Started by Lazyeight, April 15, 2013, 03:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazyeight

Since GameSpy has stopped working, a friend and I have been flying in Preapr3D Multiplayer a lot and we have been very pleased. The scenery is working fantastic with lots of ORBX, OZx and RTMM scenery being used. We really enjoy flying with Plan G.  We enjoy using Plan G when solo flying but not so much when using Multiplayer. In Multiplayer mode, as we were flying, our plane on Plan G would not show a location change. In checking the forums I see others are having this problem also. This morning I tried to see if I could find anything that might improve it. First I noticed that the G/Speed figure was changing so I thought it must be getting some update information. Then the Alt was changing. These are the figures down at the bottom of the page when Home is selected. When I paused I saw these figures continued to update and then my plane would move a little then pause again. It must be getting data from Prepar3D but moving it ever so slowly. It works fine when flying solo and not in Multiplayer. If we cannot get Plan G working properly while in Multiplayer we will be forced to go back to flying in FSX and I much prefer P3D. Plan G is working fine in multiplayer in FSX.
One note. At one time I had FSUIPC and SimConnect installed with my P3D program. To get the Multiplayer function working I had to remove all FSUIPC files from P3D and use only SimConnect. I still use FSUIPC with FSX and Plan G when using that combination. I have posted this in the Prepar3D forum as well as this one. Not sure which one might offer a solution.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lazyeight