News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G v3.0.4.59 installation

Started by FlyingAxx, May 13, 2013, 06:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingAxx

Hello Tim,

It seems to me that installation is even more demanding than before. It's not only the requirement to de-install the previous package, it seems to forget almost every previous setting, e.g. the program and file locations, traffic and language options etc., the old window position, finally where the old installation has been (selectable, but, should be the first choice, I think). However, for me the worst is the need to run it as admin. I'm doing it in my FS profile on Win7 anyway, nonetheless the new version crashed reproducible when shifting the flight plan window to an other screen (extended desktop) until I assigned explicitly the admin rights to it. This wasn't necessary for any old version (including v. 2).  :P  I would be thankful if you could do something about it.

The program itself is great!!!

Regards,
Axel
Regards,
Axel

FlyingAxx

Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

You'll need to attach the Windows Application Log entry from Event Viewer - there's nothing recorded in the Plan-G log.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Hi Tim,

Here it is. I attached two event files, one just for the three errors and a complete one for fife minutes around the events. Hope it helps.
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Sorry, can you screenshot the recent entries? Or you'll need to wait till the weekend - I'm only on a Mac for the next few days.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Here are now three crashes in my first three attempts.
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Ok, the crash appears to be related to an ATI driver. If it occurred when dragging the window that's not totally surprising. Other than that it doesn't say anything informative.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Okay, thanks for that. However, no other application up to now caused such behaviour - including previous versions of Plan-G. Well, it it might be time to change to NVIDEA, at least only for the rumoured better compatibility with FSX.

Tim, what's about the other topics I mentioned at the very beginning of my first posting regarding the installation process? Is it intended to start with a pretty new install each time or was it just a glitch in my case (except the database and plans)?
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Adding values to the settings file, or changing the defaults always forces it to refresh; I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

Tim. @TimArnot

BobK

Perhaps a Settings import/export?  With Plan-G using default setting for anything not found in the imported file?

FlyingAxx

Quote from: BobK on May 30, 2013, 02:07:58 AM
Perhaps a Settings import/export?  With Plan-G using default setting for anything not found in the imported file?

Don't think so. I did not edit manually any setting. For other reasons I decided to step a version backwards again and the install went smoothly (and even the windows position on my extended desktop had been remembered). Something just went wrong, probably really a glitch as other errors appeared as well while using the latest release.

--
Regards,
Axel
Regards,
Axel