News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

New Airport in FSX

Started by dj_fabio_69, June 02, 2013, 11:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_fabio_69

Hi all,

some days ago, a new airport in Italy was opened, Comiso in the extreme south of Italy.

It is totally a new building in fact there isn't in the Flight Simulator.

I've created a scenery with Afcad, parkings, VOR, ILS etc like in the reality, but if i ask to Plan-G to rebuild database, also including Addon Scenery folder, i still haven't it on Plan-G.

Could anyone help me? I'm using latest version "Plan-Gv3.0.4.59".

Best Regards

FlyingAxx

Hi,

First question: Is your airport selectable within FS (which version?)?

You may try to find the freeware "Airport Design Editor" and install it. It has excellent functions regarding error detection and repair before compilation. You may open your AFCAD2 generated file directly (function: open from BGL).  The error search is under "Tools"

If you need support, give me a PM.

Regards
Axel
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Did you put your airport in Addon Scenery, Addon Scenery\scenery or some other folder? If it's in the top level Addon Scenery, Plan-G will not find it. It needs to be in .\Scenery or some other folder that's been Added to the FS database.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on June 03, 2013, 12:16:15 PM
Did you put your airport in Addon Scenery, Addon Scenery\scenery or some other folder? If it's in the top level Addon Scenery, Plan-G will not find it. It needs to be in .\Scenery or some other folder that's been Added to the FS database.

Tim, may I amend this (I think the message could be misunderstood)? Any BGL in the folder "<myFSX>\Addon Scenery\Scenery\" will be recognised containing airport data. It works as well e.g. in "<myFSX>\Scenery\World\scenery\" and other even external folders on other drives but it must contain a direct subfolder named "scenery" where the BGLs are in. I think it's written somewhere in the SDK. However, as the OP has shown no reaction anymore he might have solved this case alone.  :-\

Regards,
Axel
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Yes. If the AFCAD files are not in a folder that ends in "\Scenery", Plan-G will not register them.

Tim. @TimArnot