News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Building database freezes while writing instrument approaches(2)

Started by Pylsur, August 01, 2013, 09:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pylsur

Hallo,

I use FS9. When writing the database, the process freezes forever while writing instrument approaches(2). I attach the log file here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Daniel

sky one

There are some errors: let's wait Tim...

@Tim: take a look at log line 2194...
X-plane user

defreitj

Hello,

I am no expert here. However, I have seen a similar situation in which the build freezes. My resolution was to run a disk clean-up, (if this is on a Windows sysyem, ignore any prompts to insert any CD to replace "unrecognised files", then, run disk defragmentation. Check the remaining free space on that drive with Plan-G installation and verify that there is more than 10% of drive space free. Do a cold start, and retry the build, which in my case was successful.....jd

tim arnot

Thanks. Someone else reported the  same thing a week or two back, but never provided the log file. I'll look into it.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

I notice that several of your addon sceneries include instrument approaches. It could be that one of these is causing the problem:

FlyTampa-Athens
Mega Airport Zurich 2012 SC
Mega Airport Duesseldorf
FlyTampa-Dubai
Ibiza X
Antalya 2010
Mega Airport Paris-Orly
EDDE Erfurt_SC
Alaska Glacier Bay scenery
EDDF_2008

I'd suggest you switch all these sceneries out and rebuild the Plan-G database - this should work. Then add half of them back and rebuild. If it still works, add half the remaining. If it doesn't, take half of those you added out, and so on until you find which scenery causes the problem. Then we can work on resolving the issue with that scenery.

Tim. @TimArnot

Pylsur

Thanks for all your replies.
I did what you, Tim, suggested and definitly can say that my problem is caused by the addon-scenery "Antalya X" from Aerosoft. With this scenery switched off, everything builds fine. Now that i found out what scenery to deactivate, it's not a major issue for me any more. But if you like to work on it, Tim, let me know if I can help by testing out more.

Daniel

tim arnot

Thanks. Could you possibly email me the file Af2_ltai_Airlines.bgl from that scenery? Then I can get to work on fixing the bug.

Tim. @TimArnot

HansRoaming

Am getting the same error with Iran add on freeware scenery, is there a way of easily tracking down which file(s) are causing the problem please?

tim arnot

Only by taking them out and seeing which one(s) break it. The binary chop method described above is the fastest way to home in.

Tim. @TimArnot

HansRoaming

I did a binary search on the 300 scenery addons I've got to find the Iran :) , will see what I can do, for future would be able to put something in the exception handler for the log? If not possible then no worries.

Thanks for your wonderful program Tim, really appreciated.

tim arnot

The issues pertaining to the bgl I was supplied with are fixed in 3.0.6. With any luck that will fix your build problem too.

Tim. @TimArnot

HansRoaming

Saw the new build and installed, sailed through no problem, can report it's fixed, thanks very much Tim.