News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Can't connect to FS9

Started by Whisper202, November 25, 2009, 07:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisper202

Can't seem to connect to FS9 it says to check FSPUIC. I do have that installed in modules of fs9.   What I'm my doing wrong or I'm missing something?

on the log says FS9 is installed.....  Any help appreciated.......

jschall

It's in the Manual - Section 6.4.2.
If Plan-G is on the same PC as FS9, set the Options\FS Connections\
Connect with = Auto
The other options are not used.

If Plan-G is on a networked PC:
Connect with = FSUIPC
The other options are not used.

- Jeff
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

Whisper202

It is set on :auto
but still I get : Check FSUIPC

I do have FSUIPC still no luck.........also runing Vista

tim arnot

Have a look in the log file (Plan-G_Log.txt), and see if there is an error reported when you try to connect.

Tim. @TimArnot

Flyguy

Hi,

sorry to hijack this post, I am having the same problem as Whisper202...

I have looked at the Plan-G log, at the bottom it says...

22:17:34 FSUIPC.Connect
22:17:34 Error opening FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #1: FSUIPC_ERR_OPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is already open.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Open(FlightSim RequiredFlightSimVersion)
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Open()
   at FS.FSUIPC.Connect()

I have connected with auto and am running Vista Home, I would like to add that it connects no problem with FSX on the same PC, this looks a fantastic programme and I hope you are able to help us connect to FS9.

Thank you in advance,

Flyguy  :)

tim arnot

Did you make an earlier connection that maybe failed? The error is saying it can'tr connect because it thinks it's already connected.

Tim. @TimArnot

Flyguy

Hi Tim,

I joined your forum today and downloaded Plan – G, I installed and ran the data base for FSX, opened up FSX set a flight and the hit the connect button, connected no problem.

I then shutdown FSX and attempted to run the data base for FS9 as this was grey, after reading the forum I found the answer, I just needed to point the programme at my FS9 installation with the options tab, this was done and the data base was created.

I then started FS9 and set the flight and attempted to connect Plan- G but I got the error message "is FS9 running, have you got FSUIPC?" well something like that, after several attempts to connect switching between Auto and FSUIPC to connect I then restarted my FS9 and Plan –G to make more fresh attempts to connect, at that point I posted on the forum.

Thank you for your prompt reply

Flyguy.

tim arnot

Ok, that sounds like when you shut down FSX, it didn't trigger a disconnect on FSUIPC.

Tim. @TimArnot

Whisper202

Thats correct FLYGUY, I get the same error message I'm getting..here it is:

8:04:59 PM SimConnect Connect failed: BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+SimConnectException: Pipe Connection Failed ---> System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.Connect(Int32 timeout)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Networking.Connect()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.OpenCommon(String strAppName)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Open(String strAppName, String strHostName, String strPipeName)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Open(String strAppName)
   at FS._SimConnect.Connect()
8:04:59 PM FSUIPC.Connect
8:04:59 PM Error opening FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #2: FSUIPC_ERR_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine.
   at FS.FSUIPC.Connect()
8:05:35 PM RibbonButton_Click_ConnectFS
8:05:35 PM SimConnect.Connect
8:05:35 PM SimConnect.Connect - local
8:05:37 PM SimConnect Connect failed: BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+SimConnectException: Pipe Connection Failed ---> System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.Open(String strAppName, String strHostName, String strPipeName)
8:05:37 PM FSUIPC.Connect
8:05:37 PM Error opening FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #2: FSUIPC_ERR_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine.
   at FS.FSUIPC.Connect()
8:06:30 PM RibbonButton_Click_ConnectFS
8:06:30 PM SimConnect.Connect
8:06:30 PM SimConnect.Connect - local
8:06:32 PM SimConnect Connect failed: BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+SimConnectException: Pipe Connection Failed ---> System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
8:06:32 PM FSUIPC.Connect
8:06:32 PM Error opening FSUIPC: FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #2: FSUIPC_ERR_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine.
   at FS.FSUIPC.Connect()

Flyguy

Hi Tim/Whisper202

I have found a solution to the problem, Plan – G now connects to FS9 without a problem.

I run both FS9 and FSX with "Run as Administrator" I just had an idea that Vista was up to it's usual tricks and was being over protective... So I set up my flight in FS9 as usual then started Plan –G by right clicking and the selecting "Run as Administrator".

Bingo, Plan – G now works with FS9 and I am 1 happy chappy, this might not be the best solution but it works, I hope it sorts out your connection Whisper202, thank you Tim for your prompt reply's and what looks to be a superb programme for the flight sim community.

Flyguy.  :) ;)

tim arnot

Thanks Flyguy. I'll add that tip to the FAQ.  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

miata54

I also got the error message as mentioned in several threads above. Seems as thought FS must be started first BEFORE you click the "Connect" tab in Plan-G. When done in this sequence, Plan-G does load into FS and the map appears. But in order to do this, you have to (unless there is another way) put FS into Windowed Mode, minimize it so you can activate Plan-G from the desktop icon.

If a keystroke (such as F9 for FSNavigator) could be implemented in and using FSUIPC, I think that would solve this work around.

tim arnot

Yes, FS must be running for you to connect to it.

I'll look at a way to implement some kind of auto-connect in a future build.

Tim. @TimArnot

Whisper202

Thanx Guys...its True  FS 9 must be running in order to connect.....thanx for your help..... :) :D ;D