News:

Main Menu

Add new AFCAD without rebuilding database

Started by bdf369, August 22, 2013, 09:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdf369

Before I do a flight I often will check AVSIM libraries to see if there's an updated AFCAD for the airports on my trip. After installing the new AFCADs is the only way to update Plan-G to rebuild the entire database? There's no way to update just the 1 or 2 airports that I installed? Just wondering since it takes quite a long time to rebuilt the database.

Also, just to confirm, I entered into Plan-G the correct path to my scenery.cfg that has all my addon sceneries, does Plan-G use the AFCAD from the higher layer in preference to ones in lower layers or default? So for example suppose I have 3 versions of KLAX:

Highest layer: FSDT KLAX
Middle layer: MTX KLAX
Lowest: Default KLAX

When I build the Plan-G database, it's sure to use the AFCAD from FSDT?

My simulator is FSX with Acceleration Pack

Thanks,
Barry

tim arnot

No, it's all or nothing with the database updates I'm afraid. If you're able to plan further ahead, and batch AFCADs for several trips, that'll help somewhat.

Plan-G will use the AFCAD from the highest layer, but you can always force it by adding an entry to the AdditionalAirports.txt file should you need to. This will take priority over any other instances.

Tim. @TimArnot

bdf369

Hi Tim,

Understood, thanks for the suggestion on batching AFCADs. I'll try to do that, though if it is possible an incremental update of the database would be a good feature to add to this wonderful software.

Thanks,
Barry