News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

X-plane 9 Custom Sceneries

Started by Gambino Volante, August 25, 2013, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gambino Volante

Hi all, first post here.

I'm from x-plane .it and skyone helped me to get here :)

I'm having this problem with x-plane 9.70 database: I cannot make plan-g find any of the custom scenery I added in my x-plane installation. It reads only only default scenery.
So I went there - ... E:\A-SIMULAZIONE\X-Plane Simulator\X-Plane 9\Resources\default scenery - to see where plan-g takes its data.
It seems it only reads the apt.dat file big list of the default scenery, but it doesn't add any apt.dat file found in the custom scenery folders.

Changing manually an airport in the main apt.dat file list of default scenery, makes plan-g recognise it and be shown on the airport list when you look for an airport via plan-g.
If I don't add it manually, the airport cannot be found in plan-g.

That happen everytime I make a new airstrip and throw it in the custom sceneries..

sorry for my bad explanation  :P

tim arnot

It definitely should find your custom scenery. Can you upload the Plan-G log file? Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Gambino Volante

tim arnot

It's definitely reading the files. If they are not showing up, then maybe there is some other problem  (it blocks out the default airport because it thinks it already has it, so if it failed, you see nothing at all).

If these are sceneries you've created, could you send me one that fails to look at, then I can see what the problem is. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Gambino Volante

This is the one I created some time ago I use as reference. HSGN, Geneina.

Nyala is the one I've added manually in the basic apt.dat and that was HSNN in the database; I've changed to (old perhaps) HSNL to match the icao code I use flying on FSEconomy world.

Gambino Volante

Quote from: Gambino Volante on August 26, 2013, 11:00:59 PM
This is the one I created some time ago I use as reference. HSGN, Geneina.

Nyala is the one I've added manually in the basic apt.dat and that was HSNN in the database; I've changed to (old perhaps) HSNL to match the icao code I use flying on FSEconomy world.

I have tried this this morning, to add manually HSGN - Geneina to the default apt.dat like I did it with HSNL - Nyala ... but ... no success this time, Plan-G didn't find it at all ...

tim arnot

No, you need to wait for 3.0.6, which is currently in testing :)

Tim. @TimArnot

Gambino Volante

Ahaha great Tim, thank you for your great job  :azn: