News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan-G V3 doesn't start and another Script Error in V2

Started by harrylinger, September 01, 2013, 11:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrylinger

Hi,

i'm new in the forum 'cause i need some help to get Plan-G running!

First my constellation:
- Windows XP Pro SP3 english with german language interface
- .Net Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 SP1, 4.0 Client and Extended, all updated
- System is up to date (no more Microsoft update item at website)
- SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 and 4.0
- Windows origin Firewall (Plan-G is a exception)
- MS ADO.Net Entity Framework 4.1
- MS Flight Simulator X SP2

History:
- because Plan-G needs .Net FW 4 to run i updated to 4.0 Full (removed all FW's and installed step by step all components up to 4.0 Extended)
- installed all versions of Plan-G (v3.0.0.46, v3.0.3.56 and v3.0.5.61)
- always got the error "Plan_G3 has a Problem and must be closed" --> see pic in attachment
- then i tested Plan-G v2.0.3.486 and got the famous script error
- i read the forum blogs several times!
- changed the registry entries for /internet explorer/styles manually to 0xFFFFFF and took the Microsoft tool "MicrosoftFixit50403.msi" also to fix it
- no change, everytime i got the "Script Error" --> see pic in attachment
- 'cause there is a reason located in System.Data.SqlServerCe i updated these to 3.5 SP2 and 4.0
- no change
- i installed v2 and v3 parallel in the standard folder "c:\Program Files\TA Software\Plan-G v2"
- there's a log file for v2 (attachment Plan-G_Log.txt), no log file for v3 found but a system error message in "applications" (also in attachment)

Now i'm at the end of my knowledge and need your assistance to get this good thing running!!!

Thanks very much in advance!

Harry

tim arnot

Have you made sure you're running as Administrator when you do the updates? V3 not starting has always been because of a corrupted or missing DotNet 4.0. Which is not to rule out that there *could* be another cause, but I don't know what it could be.

The log for your v2 (which is out of date, btw) suggests a SqlSvrCe problem, which you already knew. Not sure what else I can add, only that any time something inside Windows screws up, it's a right pain trying to diagnose. :(

Tim. @TimArnot

harrylinger

Hi Tim,

thanx for the fast response on sunday   :laugh:
Now i tried some hardcore stuff:
- (always logged in as administrator) uninstalled ALL versions of .net Framework (from 4.0 back to 1.1)
- manually deleted all entries in the registry who smelled like Net Framework
- reinstalled 3.5 SP1 (which includes and starts from 2.0 SP2) upwards to 4.0 Client only (every time updated with Microsoft Update)
NO CHANGE @ trying Plan-G V3+2 to work (i know there is no support for V2 but i tried...) -> same errors
- had a clue that maybe there is a problem with my DirectX 10 on XP (i know: normally not usable if you don't have a russian customized version...)
- so i deinstalled also all the DirectX stuff (with some freeware from the net) since also no DirectX was on the system (multimedially dead, DirectXVersionChecker says: not found)
- reinstalled XP SP3 with DirectX9 in it
NO CHANGE -> Plan-G doesn't work, always the same errors....
'Cause i'm a brave user i made a shadow copy of my system drive and turned the time back to a view days before.
But, i'm not really satisfied and now i guess i tried all i can and let that thing be a thing  :-[
Maybe i have one of the uniquest PCs in the world.
Was an experience. Never stop learning......

Bye Harry

tim arnot

There's a new build (3.0.6) due out tonight or tomorrow (depending on how late I get home tonight!). Before I release it I'll double check which build of DotNet4 it's compiled against, & make sure it''s the bang up to date latest, and I'll include that information in the announcement.

Just a completely off the wall thing you could try, but I doubt that it'll make a difference, try setting your Windows Locale to English before you run Plan-G. It *shouldn't* make any difference, but as they say, stranger things happen at sea...

Tim. @TimArnot

harrylinger

Hi,
i'd appreciate that, great.
It's worth trying the switch to english, although i ever install the ENU-parts of any updates, not the german ones because of the english OS.
But i give it a try, thanks!

tim arnot

Just confirming, it's built against DotNet 4.0.30319.

Tim. @TimArnot

harrylinger

Hi again (and then to sleep);

i tried that switching the whole system to english (except my keyboard) and after restart i got that funny thing down there in the attachment.........  ::)

GoodN8

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

harrylinger

Hi,
version mismatch?
Which version? Net Framework, Plan-G???
Downloaded the 3.0.6 and the same error as described in my last post yesterday....
Maybe i have to try similiar software.....

tim arnot

Check that what you have installed is DotNet 4.0.30319, and not 4.0.2, 4.0.1 or 4.0.0

Tim. @TimArnot

harrylinger

Hi,
imho i always get the 4.0.303019 from MS when i update to Net Framework 4 (webinstaller or redist) --> pic below
I also updated to 4.0.2 with KB2544514  (pic below) and didn't change anything --> 3.0.6. asking me again to install dotnet 4  >:(
Could you now exactly specify which package of Net FW i have to install and how it is called exactly (KBxxxxxx ??),
thank you!

harrylinger

... and additionally a Wikipedia list of .Net Frameworks.
So i hope you don't base the software on beta-releases before 4.0.3?!

tim arnot

I don't ever install beta releases.

All I can think of is that there is a registry issue or something, maybe with a missing or corrupt key. It certainly seems to be an issue that's specific to this one PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

harrylinger

Hi,
thank you for the link, that's the same procedure i did...
I don't spend too much time now for that...
I only tested Plan-G in a VM with a Windows 8 Preview within XP - and there it works!
So, i guess there is really a registry issue i cannot repair...
Thanx for your help!
Bye