News:

Main Menu

Sticking labels

Started by MichaelB, September 18, 2013, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelB

Hi Team, thought I would update with the latest version 3.0.6.67, sorry, but an old problem seems to have returned. It is when are connected to FS and you move the cursor over any waypoint that is in a flight plan, the labels stay on the screen. When you hover over any that are not in the plan it does not happen. The previous version was fine which you had fixed from the version before that. I am connecting via simconnect but I do have FSUIPC.
Have attached a screenshot.
Regards Michael.

FlyingAxx

Tim, I justed tested and I can confirm it, too.

Axel
Regards,
Axel

golfbravo

Quote from: FlyingAxx on September 19, 2013, 08:43:07 PM
Tim, I justed tested and I can confirm it, too.

Axel

Same problem come back for me when all was well with the previous build.

Gérard Bernard

tim arnot

It's curious, because I didn't do anything to change it, either when it went away, or when it came back.

Could it be that you have your Plan-G window over the top of the FS one?

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on September 22, 2013, 04:10:10 PM
It's curious, because I didn't do anything to change it, either when it went away, or when it came back.

For me Plan-G runs on a second monitor just for itself. Historically at the very beginning those labels even remained when I closed the application. Probably it has to do with the GPU. I'm using a Sapphire Radeon 5850 TOXIC (1MB).

EDIT: I just installed the latest Catalyst drivers (including .NET 4.5 which I first had to de-install and re-installing version 4.0 before Plan-G was usable again). No change.

Axel

Regards,
Axel

MichaelB

QuoteCould it be that you have your Plan-G window over the top of the FS one?

No I don't overlay it Tim,  I use it on a second monitor and it is only when you right click on the airport NDB or VOR to get info that the label sticks to the screen. It doesn't make any difference if you move the map they stay in the same position. I will ask if any one else on CIX if they have the same problem. Get back to you.

Regards, Michael.

golfbravo

Quote from: tim arnot on September 22, 2013, 04:10:10 PM

Thank u for answear, for me PlanG  run on remote computer with WideClient ;-)

Gérard Bernard

tim arnot

Ok, I think I have an idea...

Can you confirm for me that the tooltips which stay on the screen are the YELLOW ones (from mousing over the triangular waypoint markers) and not the graduated white/grey ones.

Can anyone say they *have* seen the white/grey tooltips get stuck? (screenshots or it didn't happen... ;) )

Ta.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on September 26, 2013, 08:27:42 AM
Ok, I think I have an idea...

Can you confirm for me that the tooltips which stay on the screen are the YELLOW ones (from mousing over the triangular waypoint markers) and not the graduated white/grey ones.

Can anyone say they *have* seen the white/grey tooltips get stuck? (screenshots or it didn't happen... ;) )

Ta.

Hi Tim, for me I can say that I only can provoke the yellow ones from mousing over of waypoints belonging to the flight plan.

It only happens after connecting the first time Plan-G with the sim. Once on screen it does not help to disconnect Plan-G as the behavior remains unfortunately as before and the still existing points are sticking where they are.

Axel
Regards,
Axel

MichaelB

QuoteCan you confirm for me that the tool-tips which stay on the screen are the YELLOW ones (from mousing over the triangular way-point markers) and not the graduated white/grey ones.

Sorry to take so long to update your question. Have attached a couple of SS's.

It is the yellow tool-tips that are the culprits when hovering the mouse pointer over the triangular markers.  By hovering on any other way-point or airport it is not occurring.

Regards Michael.

tim arnot

Okay, that's fixed in 3.06. But hang around for 3.07 which is currently in test and should be released in the next few days.

Tim. @TimArnot

MichaelB

Cor blimey Guv that was quick! Can't get better service than that. Gold Star for you Tim.  :)

Thank you.

Michael.

MichaelB

QuoteOkay, that's fixed in 3.06. But hang around for 3.07

I did and now installed 3.07  ;D
No more sticky labels   8)

Love the new shortcut  :D
love the new start up logo  :D

As big thank you I bought your new book that you so blatantly "WANTED" people  to do.  :laugh:

Michael.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot