News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Excellent program...donate...port to iPad?

Started by Hooplahpro, October 10, 2013, 08:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooplahpro

Greetings,

I've been running Plan-G for free a month and decided to donate as I think is it definitely worth 20 pounds sterling! Tim has put a lot of work into this including updates for X-Plane 10.22 64 bit which makes our flying chores a lot easier. Actually if I was Tim I would charge for Plan-G!

Before Plan-G I was using X-Mapper Pro on an iPad to see where I was in the world and XPFlight Planner to easily create flight plans then load them into a FMC on my aircraft. I still use the planner but love all the info Plan-G gives me while I'm flying there.

One problem is night flying where X-Plane is on the left monitor and Plan-G on the right. Plan-G is so bright I can't see the night details on X-Plane on the left. So I minimize it then bring it up once in awhile to check my status.

Thus one solution is to port the program over the Apple store to run on iPads with a WiFi connection from the PC. Then the iPad does not interfere with the main monitors and all is well. All should work as the iPad keyboard works OK as well as after market Taurus keyboards which work great. I'm not a text guy but with the Taurus I can send three pages to a cell phone and drive them nuts! I love it!

Apple just updated their IOS to 7.02 and X-Mapper Pro won't currently work with it. Thus Plan-G has an opportunity to sell thousands on the Apple store for say $5.99 USD!

Let's help Tim get to an iPad version so he can buy a Ferrari!

Best Regards,
George

tim arnot

Hmmm.... CloudMade lets us customise the map tile styling (although it doesn't yet allow for terrain, before you ask!). I could look into doing a night style. That would be a relatively simple update...

There is an iPad version in the early stages of development (no release date yet). But with the MapKit coming to OSX Mavericks, it should be a relatively quick port then for a Mac version too.

Now, if anyone can solve my problem getting X-Plane Mac to recognise my Saitek Throttle Quadrants, we'll be cooking on gas... !

Tim. @TimArnot

sky one

Quote from: tim arnot on October 11, 2013, 11:26:36 AM
Now, if anyone can solve my problem getting X-Plane Mac to recognise my Saitek Throttle Quadrants, we'll be cooking on gas... !
X-Plane should recognise Saitek Throttle Quadrants natively; is there nothing about it under the "Joystick" page? I mean, can you see the axis of the three leverages?
X-plane user

tim arnot

They show up in the list of axes as greyed out lines, but it doesn't see the lever positions (ie no green bar). The 3 buttons work fine. The levers also work fine under Windows or in FSX, but on the Mac version, the levers are completely ignored.

Tim. @TimArnot

sky one

Tim, the levers's support should be from OS: can you see them working under OSX?
X-plane user

tim arnot

Quote from: sky one on October 12, 2013, 12:45:51 PM
Tim, the levers's support should be from OS: can you see them working under OSX?

Yes - checked in several joystick utilities: the levers all give nice values from 0 to 255. OSX definitely sees the values. X-Plane doesn't.

Tim. @TimArnot