News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

the case of disappearing tabs

Started by domkle, October 13, 2013, 12:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domkle

First and foremost a big thank you :) Tim for that great planer !

I've a small issue with the PRINT command for maps (the same command for the flightplan works OK). When I press the button on the right, the maps goes to the printer and get printed but, at the same time, the tabs disappear and I cannot get back to the main window. If I use a bypass through the RECENTcommand i get back to the main window but the tabs (and ribbon) are still nowhere to be seen. The only solution is to alt-tab, quit and open again.

Something I may miss.

Dominique

tim arnot

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the tabs disappear? Can you provide a picture?

Tim. @TimArnot

domkle

Hi Tim,

Here we go :

Flightplan PRINT

Map PRINT

So I'm stuck there except if I use the RECENT or OPEN command but then they dont come back  :D. 

The PRINT command works in both cases without any problem. 

thanks !

sky one

I can confirm with last beta build too.
Workaround: minimize (with Windows+d keys) and maximize (with the mouse click on the taskbar).
X-plane user

tim arnot

Hmm. Doesn't happen here. From the screenshots it looks like some strange graphics display/driver glitch. Are you running FSX on the same machine and overlapping the windows? That'll cause all sorts of weird problems with the display..

Tim. @TimArnot

domkle

Same machine but not connected to FSX which was not running anyway, I guess, when I took the shots. I've used Plan G so far as a standalone to plan flights not to monitor them.

Thanks to SkyOne for the workaround, will try tomorrow.

sky one

Quote from: tim arnot on October 14, 2013, 09:10:51 PM
Hmm. Doesn't happen here. From the screenshots it looks like some strange graphics display/driver glitch. Are you running FSX on the same machine and overlapping the windows? That'll cause all sorts of weird problems with the display..
No Flight Sim open; the tabs seem to be disappeared, not just hided. If I click and drag on the top of the window (referring to domkle's second screenshot, I can click and drag where he wrote "TABS have vanished") I can move the map!  :o
s/o is Windows Seven x64; I tried to use UK settings (date, time and decimal) but the problem still remains.

Ciao
Cristiano
X-plane user