News:

Main Menu

RELIEF VIEW IN PLAN G 3

Started by aveny07, November 18, 2013, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aveny07

Hello Everyone!

I love Plan G program but I would like to know if it would be possible to add the "Relief View" option on future releases. It's very usefull for planning VFR flights.

Thank you very much in advance!

teecee

My main reason for not using V3 is because there is no choice of views.. I wonder why this is so? Teecee.

tim arnot

The Mapquest provider includes relief, as does Open Cycle Map.

Tim. @TimArnot

holdit

If anything, the Open Cycle map relief is even better than Google maps, IMO of course. This map would be perfect if it wasn't so cluttered with cycle paths in some areas. Is there any way to get a decluttered version of the same map?

Apart from that, I actually prefer v3. The depiction of VORs makes it look more like a sectional chart.

Paul

tim arnot

CycleMap includes contours, which can be very useful. I think many people have asked them if they could provide the terrain layer without the cycle overlay, but the answer has always been no. I suspect it's a matter of server cost - a fully kitted out OSM server with decent performance runs kinda expensive! (and you need decent performance for those tile renders. I tried building a small scale server once out of an old laptop + ubuntu, and it was pathetic!)

Tim. @TimArnot

holdit