News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

JavaScript API V2

Started by walter1158, November 20, 2013, 08:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walter1158

Hello Tim,
using your wonderful old v2 Version of PLAN G - and since yesterday the JavaScript API V2 Code is expired (error Message: GOverlay is undefined) -
and has to be upgraded to V3. What do do now? Please help!

Thank´s
Walter

andre

same for me.
I will use plan G-2 yet, it is possible to continue????

thank you
andre

andre

Hello

I use Plan G-2 because I like the MIXED option.
As of today, Plan G-2 does not work.
This is because of script version.
How to continue to use the old version anyway?
thank you
andre

Lindy

Hello,

since yesterday Plan-g v2.05 does not work. Log says: GBrowserIsCompatible function not found!! There were other scripts warnings too.
I like version 2 for the Google maps, they are very good when making airports with ADEX. For that purpose the new maps are useless.

Now I installed version 3 and the readme says "NOTE: If you have created or imported user waypoints, please export them to a csv file, (see manual, section 7.4.6) BEFORE installing the new version of Plan-G, then re-import them once you have installed the new release". How can I export them to csv when Plan-G does not start? Is it possible to convert my UserWaypoints.sdf in any way? I have hundreds of notes there.  :(

Thank you for a VERY good flight planner!

tim arnot

In the short term, there are a number of SDF file viewers available on the web for download. This is one such - http://sourceforge.net/projects/compactview/ (no endorsement; I haven't tried it, but it claims to be able to export to csv). In the longer term, I'll look into adding a patch to v3 for importing v2 waypoint files.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Looks like Google have finally switched off their v2 API. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/ and it seems the "special wrapped version" they've replaced it with isn't sufficient for PG2 to work.

Sorry folks. :(

Tim. @TimArnot

basicovzla

Thank you Tim for this marvelous tool.

I want to know if there's a chance to make a Plan G update or build to integrate de Google API v3 ? Because the level of detail (streets, towns, names) that can be see in Google maps it is almost impossible to see in another online maps services, and thats a really important thing in VFR flights, the point of interest.

one more time thank you, we appreciated your work.

P.D: is the Google API is no way possible, what about Yahoo maps? i found it very close in matters of details to Google maps. Ty

Lindy

Thank you Tim for the link to the SDF-Viewer. I read about google maps api v3 and it looks great. Up to 25 000 map loads each day is free. Is it possible to use that one? (I hope so..)

Anyway, my user waypoints are in place.  :)

Thank you!

jeepinforfun

I'm devastated that v2 no longer works, it's a sad day for flight planning. Change is not always a good thing. :(

Banfield

Copy and Paste

"I'm devastated that v2 no longer works, it's a sad day for flight planning. Change is not always a good thing. :("

The Version 2  :) it was much better that Versión 3 :( !!!!!
If Version 2 doesn't work anymore, Good Bye Plan G!!

Hans K

Yesterday plan-G 2.05 didn't work. Today it's working as new again. Lucky me!

Hans

Banfield

Yessss!!!!
Today, Version 2 work normally!
Thanks to Tim, if he was related to that.

Hans K

Sorry, too quick.
Yes the map is back and no error messages at start up but,........not all functions are possible (for example editing a route.......)

Hans K

Lindy

Good news that Tim is working at v2! Now there is an error popping up all the time: file:///E:/FS/TA%20Software/Plan-G%20v2/google.html, and it freezes.
Like Hans said you can't make a flight plan.
I can't see my user waypoints from zoom 9 and out.

But I am sure Tim will fix this also.

/L

Banfield

Not all functions are working. It is not possible to edit a route for example.