News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

JavaScript API V2

Started by walter1158, November 20, 2013, 08:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinny

Hoping Ver 2 comes back.

I had tried ver 3 some time ago and had problems with EZDOK after(something to do with .net)

Never did get ver 3 to work so had gone back to Ver 2

Thanx Tim for the software

HondaJet

I also prefer V2; it is much better for VFR flights in my opinion.   It was a sad day when it stopped working.
Tim, I sure hope there is something you can do to get it working again.   Just like others none of the flight planning tools works to add waypoints or airports to the flight plan.  And after a few minutes the script errors show up making it unusable.

Got my fingers crossed for a fix.   :P
Jerry

Aviator28

Hi,

I also prefer Plan G2. I hope a fix too.

Thank you with my best regards.

Chris

laudey1

Has anybody found a way to make PlanG V2 work again?
I find it much better for VFR, I have PlanG V3 working, but the view on the map is really too poor. I used to open PlanG V2 to find and place exactly the objects that I add on my sceneries, V3 does not allow that as there is no detail.

Any chance to see a solution ?

If not, do somebody know some other possibility to synchronize with Google Earth ?

jwkz

Here's another vote for bringing back V2.  V3  has some great features, but for bush flying, V2 is still superior.

I notice that the basic moving map part of V2 still works.  That alone would still be useful if the continual script error message box pop-up could be disabled.  Any chance that could be accomplished?  Thanks.

John

Dieter

I strongly appreciate this proposal.
It would be a great help for the many VFR pilots of us if  the map could be used at least without these popups.

Dieter

Alvega

Tim, can you at least tell us if you are trying to fix this so we can use version 2? We don't hear from you abou this matter for almost 3 months, what's going on?

tim arnot

V2 is dead. It has been dead for over a year and a half, for reasons that were clearly explained at the time, and which are still true. It was and is clear that there is no way on earth I can pay Google's $10,000 PER YEAR licence fee, and so the choice was simple: Make a v3 with no Google maps, or shut down Plan-G altogether.

The only reason you have Plan-G now at all is because I got rid of the Google Maps API. Putting in a new one simply isn't an option.

I wrote Plan-G as a thank you to the flightsim community. It was meant to be fun; it certainly hasn't been that for a very long time.

Tim. @TimArnot

pete_g

Sad, but understandable. V2 with Google Maps is gone.

But now I'm using the following to show an fsx flightplan in Google Maps/Earth: http://www.flightutilities.com/FPonline.aspx. Click on the up-arrow in lower left to upload a flight plan, find your plan, click on Submit, then click on the map icon on the upper right to enter Google Map/Earth.

No moving map, but I can see my flight plan laid out on satellite views. I'm pretty happy with it.

peter in oakland, cal.

Alvega

I wonder how apps like Flightmap or FSMovingMap are using Google Maps. I doubt they are paying $10,000 a year to Google.