News:

Main Menu

Is there a solution to Ver 3 .net error

Started by zinny, November 22, 2013, 09:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinny

Hello

Now that Ver 2 is not working , I tried version 3 again with the same error coming up .(had tried this long ago and no luck then)
After what seems to be a good install I select the PlanG icon and the error comes up stating no .net ver 4 .
I have that on the computer.  Just wondering if there is an official work around for this error now.

Can not imagine being without Plan G

FlyingAxx

Version 3 should work with DOT NET 4.0 but not necessarily with its update to v4.5. As Tim already replied to a recent posting this would require a major software investment which inherently does not pay back for freeware. Just check your version and go back to 4.0 if ever possible.

To be fair: there was one guy here in the forum who wrote that he deinstalled DOT NET, then installed v4.5 and forced several updates and finally his PLAN-G worked again. Regarding my question if he can confirm my understanding or if anybody shares this experience I never got an answer.

Axel

EDIT: It seems to be a possibility that Plan-G 3 works together with .NET 4.51 as a buddy of mine yesterday confirmed this. He made a fresh install of Windows 7 and everything else. Unfortunately I lost hours while testing it and recovering the old state again.
Regards,
Axel

zinny

Thank you for the reply

The version I have is Version 4. , I do not have 4.5
I have come across that this is a problem for some people that it seems to not recognize that version 4 is there.
This question was maybe more to the users rather than the programmer, he I am sure is busy enough.
Anyway I really did enjoy ver 2 all that time.

Thank you

FlyingAxx

Plan-G v2 is history and as far as I understand because of the business policy of Google. You might dig deep into this forum and eventually you may find a related posting of Tim. It had nothing to do with the actual problem. However, I'm still using it despite the error messages, neither for flight planning nor for following, but for airport design as this still seems to the best available tool to get Geo-tagged satellite photo tiles for airport backgrounds. I just have to find the respective airport, a function that still works, and likely have to click away a series of script error messages. That's it (for my purpose - of course).
Okay, flight planning is not necessarily easier in the new version but it was in the past at least partly based on a Google function, too. The biggest disadvantage are the maps itself. The satellite view is awful and the impression regarding the terrain is not nearly as good as before (colours and map shading). In some aspects the OpenCycleMap is quite useful, but rather in remote areas as elsewhere it tends to be overloaded with information having nothing to do with flying (of course).
Regards,
Axel