News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan G 3 maps very bland

Started by daveebee, December 05, 2013, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveebee

Hi, I have recently changed over to ver.3 after using version2 for some time. This was forced on me by Plan-G2 no longer working due to the Google maps not being available. I am finding that the maps are very blurred with the left of the map is pale blue going towards pale green on the right of the screen,yellowish in the centre. The airports, air traffic zones ,ILS areas, and the loaded flt. plan is fine and as sharp as normal. I have the Map Provider set as MapQuest OSM. Is there a setting that would cause this situation,as,at present the map being displayed is virtually useless,Thanks if you can help. I have done the FSX database 3  times and has made no difference.

daveebee

Please add to my previous message ,I also get a dark blue gridded screen with an error message in red..... Exception: No data in local tile cache   and in the  centre of each square in a lighter blue than the backround......   We are sorry but we dont have imagery at this zoom  level  for this region  (zoom 9 area Norway)  I hope this additional information will help with this problem.

sky one

The error you are receiving means that Plan-G can't load map tiles from the provider: could you please change the map provider and see if you have the same problem? Don't bother with the DB: it is not related with your problem.
X-plane user

daveebee

Hi, I  have tried each of the 6 map providers and have found no difference

sky one

Hi,
could you please attach the logfile and a screenshot?
X-plane user

daveebee

Hi, I use FRAPS for screenshots, but for some reason it won't make a shot of my Plan-G 3 screen, is there any reason for that?

tim arnot

Check that Plan-G is not being blocked by your firewall or Antivirus - it sounds like you are not getting map tiles from the provider.

Tim. @TimArnot

daveebee

Hi Tim ,I have made sure Plan-G 3  is allowable through my fireway and it does not appear to have made any difference. Do you know why it seems that I cannot take a screenshot using Fraps,it works for FSX.

dogtrack

I use this for capturing Plan-G screenies.   http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

For some reason Fraps does not want to play
...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

daveebee

Thanks to all who offered help with my recent map problem, this matter has now been fixed with the help of Barry McRae( GA group BFSG) The problem lay in the Locations folder, it was an error in the FSX Scenery.cfg:
now corrected and all working fine.