Main Menu

Plan G with P3D v2

Started by wombat, December 15, 2013, 12:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wombat

Hi Guys,

can I use Plan G with P3D v2 ?

tim arnot

I haven't tried it, but I'm told it works fine. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

wombat

Thank you for your reply Tim, the download page show up to Win 7, might give it a go later.

I also need to know if I can use it on an iPad?

sky one

X-plane user

tim arnot

Well you can, via a remote desktop app. But there's no separate app yet.

Tim. @TimArnot

wombat

Quote from: tim arnot on December 18, 2013, 11:37:17 AM
Well you can, via a remote desktop app. But there's no separate app yet.

OK Tim, for me as a dummie how would I do that please?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

wombat

Thanks Tim, I'll have a look at that

rogerover

[...] might give it a go later.

would you please Wombat let us know about your try ?

Do you use PG3 an P3D v2 on a network ? with a SimConnect.xml file with IPv4 or IPV6 Protocol, depending your remote PC's OS (XP or Vista/W7)? (PG3 manual page 109&110) ?

Does it work fine ?

In my case, PG3 works OK with FSX and P3D v1.4 but crashes to desktop as soon as I try to connect with P3D v2  >:( >:(?? The same SimConnect.xml file has been created and is located at the right place (Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed MArtin\Prepar3d v2). No doubt about that.

I'd like to know what could be wrong. Thanks

wombat

Quote from: ontheair on January 09, 2014, 08:14:52 AM
[...] might give it a go later.

would you please Wombat let us know about your try ?

Do you use PG3 an P3D v2 on a network ? with a SimConnect.xml file with IPv4 or IPV6 Protocol, depending your remote PC's OS (XP or Vista/W7)? (PG3 manual page 109&110) ?

Does it work fine ?

In my case, PG3 works OK with FSX and P3D v1.4 but crashes to desktop as soon as I try to connect with P3D v2  >:( >:(?? The same SimConnect.xml file has been created and is located at the right place (Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed MArtin\Prepar3d v2). No doubt about that.

I'd like to know what could be wrong. Thanks

I did have a look at Splashtop 2, but it requires a monthly fee, did not like that idea.

rogerover

[...] I did have a look at Splashtop 2, but it requires a monthly fee, did not like that idea.

I can understand that, but what about your try to have PG3 running with P3D v2 with SimConnect with the correct protocol ?

Does it work or not ? When I read you I guess it does not, right or wrong ?

wombat

I have not have time to try simconnect, but I do plan on trying sometime in the future, I need 36hours in a day,can you arrange that for me.  :)

tim arnot

Quote from: wombat on January 09, 2014, 09:52:29 PMI need 36hours in a day,can you arrange that for me.  :)

You and me both!

Tim. @TimArnot

wombat

C,mon Tim I asked if you could arrange it for me  ;D

KDO_Snakebyte

I have PG 3.07.71.
I used it with FS9 and FSX vithout problems.
Now i buy Prepar3D v2 and i tryied to link it to PG.
1) In the Options, Plang wants to know where is the EXE file of FSX so i can't tell it to link with the P3D exe.
In the other 3D about Plang and Prepar3D you tell to link the folder but it is impossible. The only thing PlanG search is FSX.exe not others.

So is borned a question ...... Is indispensable to link the exe? I think no!

Connecting via Simconnect is easy and i've done it immediatly.

If i want an updated database of the installed airport the only way is to install the same airport in P3D and in FSX.
The other features works very well.