News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G on Separate Monitor?

Started by LTCSZ, November 26, 2009, 08:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTCSZ

I have been trying to put Plan-G onto a separate monitor to keep it visible during flight...I can move it to my extra monitor, but then I cannot go back into FSX without minimizing the Plan-G...Is there a way to keep Plan-G active on the separate monitor? Hope my question is clear...Thanks for a great program...

Steve
Steve
Garden City, KS USA
Retired, US Army

Scottsdale

I'll bump this as my first post here as Plan-G won't be of use to me unless I can have it on a second monitor.

tim arnot

Yes, Plan-G works fine on a second monitor, or a second PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

mnowinski

I use it successfully on a second monitor.

Mike

bert van kampen

I use Plan-G also on a 2e monitor, but i cann't resize the windows which i can do with other progs; i have to do that on my main monitor and drag it to the second one.
regards.
Bert

aeugli

Hi Bert,
same as I do...
And then click on Maximise-Icon (upper right corner) - et voila. Plan-G will fit (fill up) the size of your second monitor.
Just give it a try!
Best wishes Rainer

aeugli

Hi Bert,
sorry wrong information.
NOT click the maximize-icon, just click twice (double click) everywhere on the most upper blue bar (where Plan-G (v0.8.x.yyy) is written).
That will do the trick (tricky - n´ést pas?)
Cheers Rainer

tim arnot

There is a strange bug in the MS ribbon window code that stops the window adorners from working if you are on a secondary monitor which is to the left of the primary. It has been reported to Microsoft, but until they issue a fix, all I can suggest is to make sure your secondary monitor is on the right of the primary.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

I finally got an acknowledgment of the bug today from Microsoft, along with a statement that they are going to fix it.  8)

Although they didn't say when...

Tim. @TimArnot

jbarryd

Quote: 'There is a strange bug in the MS ribbon window code that stops the window adorners from working if you are on a secondary monitor which is to the left of the primary. It has been reported to Microsoft, but until they issue a fix, all I can suggest is to make sure your secondary monitor is on the right of the primary.'

Was anything ever done to resolve this problem?

tim arnot

MS have never released the promised update. I'm currently looking at alternate solutions, but all of them involve a complete UI rewrite, which is no small task.

Tim. @TimArnot

peterjh

Is there in existence a tabulated list of the precise steps required to get Plan G up and established on my machine?
I'm running a TH2Go for my FSX but it isn't difficult to install a fourth monitor for Plan G usage. I'm just finding the directions to get PlanG onto my machine a little awkward.
Please help.

tim arnot

1. Download, from the post at the top of this forum.
2. Unzip, to the folder/disc/PC/memorystick etc of your choice.
3. Run Plan-G.exe

Tim. @TimArnot