News:

Main Menu

User waypoints

Started by leonperrins, January 12, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonperrins

I create a user waypoint and give it an identifier, click OK.
The menu opens but does not include Insert user wpt in plan etc.

So I go to the Flight plan table and right click adjacent to where I want to insert the waypoint. Select insert below(or above), the Insert waypoint table opens, choose user wpts, enter the identifier, and it is not found so I select cancel.

Now when I right click on the wpt on the "map" I am offered "Insert userwpt in plan before or after "xxxx".

What am I doing wrong?

rich12545

Here's what I just found out from the manual.  If you're making a flight plan and want to set a waypoint not at an airport, right click and choose to set a waypoint in the plan.  Don't choose to make a waypoint. 

If, after making a plan, you want to insert a waypoint in the middle, then you do the same thing but the waypoint will show up at the end of the plan.  You need to go to the box and move the waypoint up to where you want it. 

leonperrins

Quote from: rich12545 on January 12, 2014, 05:20:26 PM

If, after making a plan, you want to insert a waypoint in the middle, then you do the same thing but the waypoint will show up at the end of the plan.  You need to go to the box and move the waypoint up to where you want it.

This is not acceptable for a large flight plan.

Either I am doing something wrong or there is a glitch in the working program. Maybe it's a bad download'

I just need some help.

tim arnot

Highlight a waypoint in the plan, then you can Insert Before or Insert After.

Tim. @TimArnot

leonperrins

Hello Tim,

The problem is that these options do not always appear until I have gone to the flight plan table and gone thro' the procedure  of "insert above or below".

There is a problem here as well that the user wpts do not appear in the Insert Waypoint menu so I have to select Cancel.

Now when I click on the wpt I can Insert before or after.

This is why I suspect my download/installation.

I do so like Plan G to construct my flight plans but it is making hard work of it.

tim arnot

3.1 has these issues fixed. It's in testing right now...

Tim. @TimArnot

leonperrins

Thank you....I can regain my sanity. :) :)

leonperrins

Are these problems Win 7 related?

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

leonperrins

Right, the reason I ask is because a fellow Simmer who is still on VISTA and has the "insert" options working perfectly.