News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

No online traffic in Plan-G

Started by mikegogs, November 27, 2009, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankturley

Mike,

While flying on IVAO this morning, with the latest test version connected to FSX via FSUIPC, I was shoocked to spot a red aeroplane on my Plan-G screen. Opening up the traffic window revealed it was no mirage, there were a number of aircraft listed, albeit short on details, but they were there.

I normally connect via Simconnect, but I couldn't get that to work with this latest version, so I used FSUIPC, so it looks like that may be the way to go.

Frank.

mikegogs

This issue may now be resolved, at least partially.  In the Squawkbox Advanced Options, there is a setting "Skip FSUIPC TCAS table update". With this setting unticked, traffic is shown in Plan-G on my networked laptop, although there is no data for individual aircraft in the Traffic Expander columns Reg, From, and To.  In the a/c column, n/a appears in every case. 

The sequence of opening programmes may also have an influence on what is displayed, but I want to test this a little more.

I've no idea what other implications there may be in ticking/ not ticking that particular SB option, except that the SB manual states that "SB fills the TCAS tables in FSUIPC so that third party software can get information about the planes in your vicinity".  As it was ticked (ie deactivated) by default, perhaps this should be in the Plan-G manual - I don't think it's there at the moment  ::)
-

tim arnot

Wasn't even aware of it, but yes it'll go into the next edition of the manual.

Tim. @TimArnot

Fjodor

Quote from: mikegogs on December 10, 2009, 10:55:45 PM
... there is no data for individual aircraft in the Traffic Expander columns Reg, From, and To.  In the a/c column, n/a appears in every case. ...

Should this work now properly or still these information are missing?
I do not see these information...

Win7 x64 FS9 IVAO FSUIPC