News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Weather information does not match METAR

Started by JAdata, January 28, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAdata

Hi,

I'm running the "latest and greatest" v3.0.7.71 and use data from X-Plane 10.25 - not that I think that matters for this issue. I have a simple flighplan from ENGM to ENBR. I open the View tab and select the Weather Info. I know for a fact it's winter here in the area, but the Weather Info shows Temp 15C and Dew 17C - which is clearly wrong. The QNH shows 1013. The timestamp seems correct. OK, wrong, outdated data and thus not very useful...

However, when I right-click the ENGM airport icon I get a popup with lots of information - among others what seems to be the current METAR. And, it all fits in with the matching Weather Info display, EXCEPT for temperature and pressure. The METAR states ... M02/M04 Q1018 .... -2C/-4C 1018hPa is actually correct and I thus think the METAR is actually valid and up to date and there is a BUG in the mapping from METAR to Weather Info display.

I have attached a screenshot of the fact :-)

By the way, is this the appropriate place to file bug reports, or are there other channels for that? I get a feeling it will disappear in the myriad of other posting...

Best regards

Jens Andersen, Langhus, Norway

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

hermie61

Hi Guys,
I am having the same issue as JAdata.
Flying around Canada real temps -27/-29 Fahrenheit  but PlanG weather showing -2/+17 Celcius

Couldn't find a further reply to this post or another thread.

Cheers hermie61

tim arnot

Have you got a weather theme set inside FS? That could override data from other sources

Tim. @TimArnot

hermie61

Hi Tim,

I am using Rex Essential plus Overdrive as my weather source (No FSX themes set).
I have also updated to the latest version of Rex this morning and the same condition exists.
I am using FSUIPC (latest full version)  but I'm not entirely sure of what settings for the weather that I need to check in that program

I'ts not the end of the world if I can't resolve this but as I love using your planner it would be good to have it matching.

Cheers Dave

Have done some further testing and it appears that temperatures from 0C to -9C and those above 0C  show correctly but once they exceed -9C  ie -27F (-32C) at CYZF  only one digit is showing and some strange conversion takes place  . My appologies for mixing Celsius and Farenheight but I couldn't find an option to display Farenheight in Plan G weather display

tim arnot

That's interesting. I'll investigate on that basis & see what I can find.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

hermie61

hermie61

Tim,

I have now had a chance to fly plenty of sectors in the
NWT where compared to 30deg C here in NZ it seems to be -30deg C or less in Yellowknife all the time.
Pleased to report that the Temp and Dew point now reflect the actual temps and are
working fine.
Thanks for the fix

Cheers Dave

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot