News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Plan-G and Prepar3d 2.1

Started by pmb, February 12, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmb

Hi,

after installing the recent Prepar3d 2.1 patch from LM, which went flawlessly, Plan-G does no longer work for me ("stops working") as soon as I try to connect to the simulator. This is over a Network/Simconnect. It has been working until the patch.

This is with Plan-G3 3.0.4.59, the most recent version does not work at all (like I mentioned in another thread). I even tried the obsolete Plan-G 2 giving the same issue.

Windows error protocol first states a "null reference exception" in .Net and next an error in an unknown module of Plan-G3.

Is this only me or does anyone else have this issue?

Now I am completely lost in heaven.  :(

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

tim arnot

I don't have P3D, but if other people are having problems too, hen obviously it's an issue that needs to be looked at.

Tim. @TimArnot

pmb

This case can be considered as solved. I deleted (actually shifted) several folders in advance of installing the patch, as suggested by LM. I returned several files afterwards, but forgot simconnect.xml. Now all is fine, and Plan-G is working again.

I tried and even bought several flight planners/moving maps, but found nothing better for VFR than Plan-G. Maybe, Skydemon would be, but this is expensive subscription based - a no-go for me.

Thanks, Tim, for that gem.

Michael

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

rogerover

[...] but forgot simconnect.xml. Now all is fine, and Plan-G is working

I'm glad it's working for you

Do you mean it's working remotely via SimConnect ?

No problem to make it working locally via FSUIPC on my side , but to no avail remotely

what about you ?

pmb

Hi,

yes. it works remotely via Simconnect. I had it working in 2.0 before and did not change anything, it just worked (after restoring the simconnect.xml file).

Maybe you need another simconnect library? I have several of them installed, not sure which one Plan G actually uses. I read older Simconnect versions are part of the P3D2.1 SDK.

This is the GPS aspect. I did not yet try flight planning, though.

Kind regards, Michael

rogerover

Bonjour Michael,

and thanks very much for answering my question.

Below is a copy of my simconnect.xml file located C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
   <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
   <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
   <!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration-->
   <SimConnect.Comm>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
      <Scope>global</Scope>
      <Address>jlldesktop</Address>
      <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
      <Port>4506</Port>
      <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
      <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
   </SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

It works remotely with both FSX and P3Dv1.4 but it does not with P3Dv2 (v2.1 patch not installed yet).

Is yours radically different ?

Do I need another simconnect library ? No idea !

Best regards

pmb

Hi,

I am not an expert, but as far as I see your simconnect.xml looks fine and similar to mine.

No you don't need another simconnect library, at least I didn't. I used PlanG with Prepar3d1.4 before and only had to copy simconnect.xml from the Prepar3d1.4 config directory into the Prepar3d2.1 config directory, and PlanG was up and running on the laptop immediately.

Hope you get it running, too,
kind regards, Michael