News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Issues as a Newbie

Started by Agrajag27, February 23, 2014, 12:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrajag27

I posted this on the general X-Plane forums before I found this forum:

I just wanted to add my "newbie" comments regarding PlanG. Trying not to spend a fortune on things before I get fully comfortable again. For my needs I found it very hit and miss.

I LOVED that it had live VATSIM data. However, the sector controllers weren't easy to see like they are on VAT-Spy so it couldn't compete there. Is there support for displaying the sector controls the way other VATSIM mapping tools have?

The biggest issue I had was the really wonky way the mouse zoom works. If your mouse is pointed to ANY object what-so-ever (at any zoom level even if you can't see that object) the zoom refuses to work. Instead you have to spend critical seconds finding some random spot nearby that doesn't have anything. I ended up constantly zooming on lakes as a result.

I also found the display insanely busy. Turning off the detail then made it less useful as a tool. Somehow the default Local Map tool manages to find a nice balance showing just what we need to see and hiding most everything else.

It really needs a drag-and-drop selection action to allow you to select the area you want and jump zoom to that.

Are there solutions to these issues or is it just not for me?