News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Please Let me know what OS you use for Plan-G

Started by tim arnot, March 01, 2014, 08:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PC I use for running Plan-G has the following OS

Windows 8 / 8.1
Windows 7
Vista
XP

tim arnot

Hi guys, what with Microsoft shutting down support for XP, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out by answering the poll. The only way to support XP users ongoing is to keep two separate code bases, since the new frameworks won't run on XP. This means developing everything twice, which - at best - will slow things down.

So please answer the poll and tell me what OS *you* are using, so that I can get a feel for the scale of the problem. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Just to complete the poll: I clicked in Win7 but I'm running Vista Pro on my laptop having both installed Plan-G versions 2 and 3.
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

Thanks Axel. I'm mostly concerned with XP (that's Windows, not X-Plane! ;) ) vs "something else".

Tim. @TimArnot

nigfrench

SaratogaTwo

I run Plan-G on my laptop with Windows 8.1-64 which is networked to FSX on a desktop running Windows 7-64.

Ben

spokes2112

Tim,

I would be willing to help out in beta testing for the WIN XP requirement. I run FS and FSX on a WIN7 machine and use Plan-G V3.1.0.82 on that machine using FSUIPC (FS9) and Simconnect (FSX) for the interface.

On a separate machine I use Plan-G V3.0.7.71 using only the FSUIPC interface through WideClient for both FS9 and FSX. This machine is a Sony Laptop, WIN XP 32 Home SP3. Pentium4 3.2 GHZ  (Single Core), 1 GB memory (896 MB available), DX 9.0C, WIFI & LAN networked. (Vintage!  :o )

Roman

redcar92

Tim, A big THANK YOU for your time and effort for such a great tool. When I fly I use two PCs, my fs PC is Windows 7 because usb devices stop working on Win 8 and 8.1 after a few minutes flying. I have Plan G run on that PC when flying on line so I can see my colleagues. I use Plan G on a laptop for navigation much like using sectional chart of the whole world plus much more.
Regards
Bill

weblin

Tim thank you for such a great tool, I run FSX & Plan G on Vista 64 Home Premium with dual monitors (1 with plan G running). I purchased your book but have not had a chance to read yet.

Kenny584

Hi Tim.

I am still using XP pro with AVG free and KavoomKM. I am planning to run all FS addons on a second PC.

Regards...Ken
CIX vfr club

Avance

Peter Dodds

I run PG on XP, Vista and Win 7/64 machines.  On my main system I have PG on a second PC running XP and use a KavoomKM software KM switch.  I built the database across the network from the PC running PG, not the one running FS.  Network is cable not wireless.  All with no issues.

Peter

sauviat

Having recently changed the FS computer from XP to W7, I run PG and SB3 and SB4 from a W7 laptop.

I have both FSX and FS9, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

PG is connected to the FSX and the FS9 sims via FSUIPC, however for FSX there are no issues with PG seeing  the user's aircraft, but PG does not see FS9!!!

In Locations for both FSX and FS9 are pointing to the correct respective directory.

Anyone any ideas how to correct this anomaly?

Martin

dumdiddydum

windows7-64bit
    Thanks for a really good and useful program.
         raydumdiddy

Screwbottle

Hello Tim

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my main machine, and Windows 7 Pro 64bit on all of my other computers. I've abandoned Windows XP a long time ago to move into the 64bit world.

I know this might be off-topic, but would love to see a Linux version. Not sure if you use Linux, but I run FlightGear 3.0 and X-Plane 9.70 and 10.25 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Long Term Support - until 2019) also known as Trusty Tahr.

Regards