News:

Main Menu

Ribbon Menus greyed out and not functioning

Started by Paul K, March 02, 2014, 03:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul K

PLan G Version 3.1.0.82

I've just installed this version of Plan G, to use with P3D V2.1.9936.0 on the same computer. All seemed to go normally during installation, and I've built the database for P3D successfully. However, I'm now stuck at that point - all the ribbon menus are greyed out and clicking on the File tab at the left edge does nothing - no response. I've also installed the same version of PLan G on my lap top, in readiness to network it to P3D, and the same problem exists - ribbon menus greyed out, and clicking on the File tab produces no result.

Here's a screenshot of things as they stand, and this is the same situation on both computers:

Any help gratefully received. Never had anything like this problem when running Plan G before, with FSX.

EDIT: Just to clarify the problem, its not the ribbon menus that are greyed out - I can't even get to them. Its the tabs along the top ( i.e. Home, Map and View ) that are greyed out and unresponsive.

tim arnot

You're running P3D only, yes? I suspect that's a configuration that didn't get fully tested.

As a workaround, open your database folder (My Documents\Plan-G Files\Data) and COPY PlanG3_P3D.sdf to PlanG3_FSX.sdf, saying Yes when it asks if you want to overwrite. Then, the next time you start Plan-G, you should have all the menus active.

Tim. @TimArnot

Paul K

That did it, Tim. I backed up the original PlanG3_FSX.sdf, made a copy of PlanG3_P3D.sdf, renamed it PlanG3_FSX.sdf and everything is working fine now. I imagine that with the gathering migration to P3D, this query may well pop up again.

Thanks for your help.  :)