News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

networked Prepar3d v2.1

Started by Rijkinbeeld, March 03, 2014, 09:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rijkinbeeld

Hello,

I just downloaded plan g after i read about the new updaate on simflight.
I very curious about this program...especially after reading your website!
One problem I just can not seem to pass.
It asks me to run the database, so i put in this picture1 (i am connecting over a network).
But nothing seems to happen and everything remains greyed out.

I am running as admin, and all maps and users have full controll,
can you please help me out?

greetings Joep

tim arnot

It's almost always easier to install a second copy on your flightsim PC, build the database there, and then copy the files across. The "build over the network" option requires very carefully set up network shares for it to work well.

Tim. @TimArnot

Renaissance_man

Same here. The Prepar3d data icon is greyed out. I am on a network using W8.1  for the sim and 7 for Plan-G. The connections are fine (using FSUIPC). The aircraft is showing, moving, etc.
Locations seems fine, scenery.cfg is taken out of the Program data on the Sim computer, P3D is found.

When I had FSX it took 5/10 minutes to load the scenery data. With P3D2.1 it takes 1 second.

Is this normal?

Still a fabulous program. Bravo!
Mario Bergeron
X-Plane 11.11
Plan-G 3.2.0.144
Windows 10
i7-3700K @ 3.50GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti

pmb

Exactly the same with P3D2.1 here. Transferred the data from the main PC, which worked, although I'd be happy to be able to create the database over the network again.

Otherwise  things are really great.

Kind regards, Michael

Renaissance_man

Hello Michael, where is the data to be exported from the main PC? Thank you kindly!
Mario Bergeron
X-Plane 11.11
Plan-G 3.2.0.144
Windows 10
i7-3700K @ 3.50GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti

pmb

Hi

they are hidden under

C:\Users\$Your Profile$\Documents\Plan-G Files\Data

Kind regards,
Michael