News:

Main Menu

Help

Started by MMoore0324, November 28, 2009, 12:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMoore0324

Hey guys,

First off let me just say that Plan-G appears to be an amazing program!  I however, am having some issues.  Like many others, I run two PC's networked with WideFs.  I have Plan-G configured to connect to FS via FSUPIC and I am able to connect to FS9 just fine.  The problem is with building the FS9 Database.  When I click "build database" and then click "ok" to start... the progress bar never starts and the screen just flashes once but nothing happens.  On my map I have no VOR's, or airspaces or anything.  It also will not let me build a flight plan.  Although I am connected to FS9 via WideFS I still feel that the network is causing issues.  I have tried reinstalling several times and I have read the manual all the way through. 

I haven't had a chance to try Plan G run solely on my FS PC yet. 

I hope that all of this makes sense and that someone can offer some help!  Thank you very much! 

Matt

tim arnot

You might find it easier to install it onto the FS Pc, build the database, and then copy the folder wholesale onto the other PC.

Tim. @TimArnot

MMoore0324

Thanks Tim.  I will try that tonight when I get home.   :)

MMoore0324

Hi Tim,

I installed Plan G on my FS PC and was able to build my database as normal.  I'm unsure of what folder to copy over to my Client PC.  Thanks for your help. 

jschall

Quote from: MMoore0324 on November 28, 2009, 04:30:23 PM
I'm unsure of what folder to copy over to my Client PC.

You copy the BIGGEST file in the FS PC/Plan-G folder, which happens to be Plan-G.mdb (about 21 MB on my FSX installation)

- Jeff
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

tim arnot

Easiest is to copy the whole Plan-G folder across wholesale, since everything is contained in the one folder. If you just want to copy the data, it's Plan-G.MDB, GlobalAirspace9.dat and GlobalAirspaceX.dat (one of the .dat files may not be present, depending on whether you built data for FSX, FS9, or both)

Tim. @TimArnot

MMoore0324

Ok thanks alot guys, I will give that a try later today.  Will post results.  Thanks again.