News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Strange printing preview

Started by FriLa, March 16, 2014, 10:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FriLa

Since 2 days I have your wonderful software, but printing a map is not possible. When I press "Print Current Map" the top ribbon area is covered by the preview, but the page itself is empty.  (Full screen mode, 16 by 10)  If I press the print button the printed page it is empty, as expected. Going back from this state is now impossible. I have no possibility to reach any of the icons, the program is inoperable and can only be killed by the task-manager.

Printing of flight plan works fine, so reason for this problem is not the printer.

If I compare the printing-options in your file-menu with the printing options in the file menu in word I miss the possibility to switch between landscape and portrait before producing the preview! Switching later by the printer menu will only rotate the page, but the map does not fit into the page.

I hope there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance,
Fritz

tim arnot

Please attach your log file, thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

FriLa

I hope this helps, as the old log file was endless long from starting and killing Plan-G.
Thanks, Fritz

tim arnot

Can you start a new log then try to print (or do it first thing on a new day)? There was no printing in that log file. Thx.

Tim. @TimArnot

FriLa

Here is the new log and also a screenshot made while I tried to print. The printer produced only an empty paper.
I could not find any information about printing in the log file, but I definitely printed - an empty paper.

You can also see how the top of the screen with all menues is covered by a kind of preview.

Of course I can exit the program with the exit button still visible in the file-menu.

dempsey

I can reproduce the problem problem on Windows 7-64-bits.

Started Plan-G (3.10.82) in full-screen mode.
Opened an old flight plan, flight path is displayed.
Print Current Map show blank preview while the top part of the Plan-G window disappears completely showing the map in that space (see attachment.

Using Ctrl-F1 a few times re-displays the toolbar(s) at the top.
After that the Print Current Map sometimes work.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

drhartsel

This has been the case for as long as I can remember. It has been present all the way back to the beginning of the version 3 (maybe even earlier) releases. Since I don't print maps, only plans, I never thought to report the issue.

Don

FriLa

I thought this problem exists only on my computer, but now I see that this "case" exists since version 3. Of course a screenshot of the map can be printed.
Thanks,
Fritz