News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Version 3.1 Map not visible on startup

Started by fisheye, April 07, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisheye

As posted on your facebook page with picture, I am having an issue with the map not displaying on the screen.  It displayed one time but then I started FSX and the map disappeared.  Reverted back to v3.0 with same problem.  Reverted further back to v2 and now have a map but error messages trying to connect with google.html.  So that leaves me with no Plan G to use.  It is almost like something got changed in my registry or in the Plan G files to disable the map function.  I have tried everything I know how to do to make it work.  Registry cleaner, deleting all files in computer with Plan G or TA Software designations and reinstalling Plan G but still no joy.  Norm

Hunt

v2 is a completely different program to v3, Therefore if you cannot get v2 to work the problem should be nothing to with the new version of 3.1.

Registry cleaners can do more harm than good.

I'm about to upgrade to 3.1 if I have a problem I will report back.

w9nwrwi

Norm,

As you know the latest update for planG is 3.1, I would update to that. Be advised that 3.1 requires NetFramework 4.5.1.  I am going to make an assumption here and say that Tim might ask you to attach your Plan-G_Log.txt so he can possibly analyze the problem.

Plan-G_Log.txt can be found in your Documents within the Plan-G files folder.

Not much help from me but the Log might be a good start.

Chuck

Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

tim arnot

v2 is so utterly different in the way it works from v3 that you cannot make any meaningful comparison between them.

V3.1 requires DotNet 4.5.1. Unfortunately that also means it doesn't work under Windows XP. If you're running XP, please contact me separately for  a copy of the 3.1.1 beta.

V3/3.1 does not use the Windows registry, so there is no value in running a registry cleaner.

And yes, please attach your log file. ;)

Tim. @TimArnot