News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

PlanG stops working when using RadeonPro

Started by peebee, May 02, 2014, 05:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peebee

Hi I use RadeonPro from ATI to control my graphics in FSX But planG won't run with it. However if I disable RadeonPro planG works fine. I use the latest version of planG and sometimes the earlier vers 2 both are the same.
Can you help?
Peebee

tim arnot

Does anyone else have an AMD graphics card and this tool, and can confirm an issue?

No idea what to do about it though.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

Quote from: tim arnot on May 02, 2014, 06:52:48 PM
Does anyone else have an AMD graphics card and this tool, and can confirm an issue?

No idea what to do about it though.

I changed myself about tree months ago to NVIDIA but cannot remember such issues. One of my buddies is still using for sure an ATI GPU without such problems. However, as far as I can recall it, ATI's Catalyst Control Centre was keen to have .NET 4.5 installed at the beginning of this year. Probably it's something (again) in this context and an older driver could help sorting it out (anyway, it's a wild guess  :P). I clean install of the whole package might help, too. ATI has a cleaning tool that should help preparing such attempt.
Regards,
Axel

peebee

It's not catalyst control centre that causes the problem. It's RadeonPro.
RadeonPro is ATI's version of nvidias  inspector for those of you that arn't familiar with it. You can enhance your graphics with more options then CCC.
Peebee

peebee

colang

Hello,
I don't use Radeonpro, but have an AMD card and had others before.
For what I see, PlanG doesn't like when CCC or maybe in your case Radeonpro take control of the card.
When I set my CCC to Override Applications Settings ( which is the optimal way for Prepar3d 1.4) PlanG  often crash and I have an error like "the graphical driver stopped working and has been restored".
When I set CCC for Use Application Settings (best way for Prepar3d 2.2) also PlanG works well.

Try to make a customized profile for PlanG application, letting it have control of the graphic card.   

w_pienaar

Hi There.

I have started using Radeon Pro a week or so ago and are experiencing the same problem. I did however find that it is only an issue if you start Plan G after Radeon Pro. (Try firing up Plan G 1st.)

Regards

Will