News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

HELP Where is the Google Map Interface?

Started by Stofvel, May 08, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stofvel

Have been an FSX flight simmer for years but  I am a complete newb to Plan-G. This is an amazing program except all the previews and tutorials I have viewed keep showing a Google Maps interface with Map, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain and Earth buttons prominent. On mine there is nothing. The terrain feature is critical to my flight plans. I downloaded vs 3.1 of Plan-G, loaded data from fsx, worked through much of the tutorial but could not find any way of getting the all-important Google Map Features up.

Did this feature come on a previous version of plan-g.

If someone could let me know what I need to do to get this feature up OR point to a specific instruction set for this OR let me know if this is only available in a previous vs it would be greatly appreciated.

Stofvel

I finally had a chance to read a fair portion of the manual AND create a VFR plan from Lyons (LFLL) to Courchevel (LFLJ). Courchevel is an airport located in the French alps about 6500 FT above sea level and a tricky one to navigate, with not only an inclined (18.5ยบ) and incredibly short runway (525m) - just to add to the fun, the approach is askew with craggy outcropping. Hence the need for some terrain detail in creating my own waypoints to navigate the approach.
OpenStreetMaps didn't really have the detail (as far as I can tell) I needed for this project and I was not able to utilize KML (and KMZ) files (more reading on my part - but some pointers are always welcome) - what was available in Plan-G and its implementation are nothing short of amazing. I did spot elevation checks between way points and the ensuing VFR flight plan worked flawlessly.
Thanks Tim for Plan-G, it is an incredible product. LFLJ is tricky enough - landing the Carenado Phenom on it ( with some practice :)  ) was a heart stopper (new video to follow). Finally I would like to put in the Carenado Phenom Aircraft profile - is there a place on-line that has this info for Plan-G? Any pointers welcome.
Thanks again for a great product.